Asians and their god damn cameras.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Mittens024, Mar 25, 2011.

1. lets be honest, we have all seen it.

everywhere we go countless asains taking pictures of everything, everywhere.

i just want to know why. what is it about them, or what they see, or what they do that urges them to do so?

anyone else wondering too?

2. judgin by your south park avatar I'd say you've seen "The China Problem" episode a few too many times.. ;)

3. hahaha that myself in southpark form. but nah living over here i see alot of tourgroups around europe going apeshit with photos.

imagine seeing 300 asians coming out of tour busses at the leaning tower of pisa all in go mode.

4. Slightly off topic: I also live in an area that gets a lot of tourists. Me and a mate of mine used to have a game we'd play with them. If you find yourself in front of somebody's video camera (or in the background of their shot) one of you points up at an empty spot in the sky, and you both shade the sun from your eyes and try to pick out the invisible object. I'd say we ruined 6/10 of people's shots where they panned round to see nothing.

Mean, but fun.

5. I was at the airport in Detroit and saw an AZN couple eating at a Pizza Hut and the husband was filming her eating that shit with stuff hangin' out her mouth. Gave me a good laugh.

6. What I don't get is why the asian tourists always look at the sky???
    Or worse still, they have a habit of stopping in the middle of a busy road and looking at the sky

ITS THE SAME FUCKING SKY

Stay at home if that's what you wanna see and save yourself some money..

7. they also talk really loud on their phones in the library.

8. I think they killed that chick...

9. this thread may be offensive to asians

10. hey man they gots to watch out for godzilla

"GOJIRA"!!!!!:eek:

11. well then they can come here and explain themselves and enlighten us to their ways.

yo everyone i still want to know this answer, for real.

its the question everyone asks, but no one answers.

12. Dunno but

[​IMG]

13. Best answer I can come up with is that they are just from very different cultures. Without wanting to generalise Asians, I know the different cultures in Asia are as different from each other as they are from our own, but they all seem to share common preoccupations with traditions, etiquette, customs and behaviour, and I'd imagine buried somewhere among all that you'll find a reason for their tendency to love taking holiday snaps.

I'm not knocking Asian cultures, I think very highly of them. Look at the news reports coming out of Japan, there has been next to no cases of crime or looting. Whenever there is a disaster in the US or Europe the crime rates go through the roof. Hurricane Katrina was a shameful example of this.

14. i like asians too, nor do i want to be blatantly rude to their culture.

i just want to know what about them that makes them photograph everything.

i have seen some couple on a river cruise one with a camera taking a picture of everything, on with a video recording recording everything, even the pictures the wife was taking.

15. well from a photographer's point of view.it takes hundreds of frames to get that one perfect shot.so wheat they are doing is good i guess.

16. To each his own I'd say.

If you pay good money to come to Europe, you'd better have some pictures to proove it.

17. This is a good point. They probably didn't take so many before digital cameras were invented.

18. They are on vacation in a foreign country they will probablly never visit again -- seems logical to take some pics-- maybe even an excessive amount of pics. I've been to Europe a few times -- pretty much had a camera around my neck the entire time... Maybe you notice them and are annoyed with them because Asians tend to travel in large tour groups -- they stand out more. Tolerance -- at least they are bringing their hard earned cash to your area.

19. i understand them taking alot of pictures on a vaction, but im talking about excessive photos of random, unimportant things.

20. i know what you mean dude, i live in canada, by the rocky mountains, and FUCK if you go to one of the close tourist towns called banff, you can literally see them come by the bus load all getting off in one huge stream with their shitty disposable cameras.

and the way they talk... omfg. they say thank you after EVERYTHING. like hi thank you, or what are you doing thank you. shit that DOESNT NEED A THANK YOU.

i work with immigrants on a daily basis, fucking pisses me off sometimes. then again, they make me laugh my ass off from how retarded they can be. it's a bittersweet relationship