Asher Roth - Asleep in the Bread Aisle

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by TygaTyga, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dropped today.

blunt cruising is pretty funny.

what you guys think?

2. it is the terrible death of hiphop

3. God i hate this asher roth guy so much! If i have to hear the i love college song one more time i will punch every baby animal at the L.A zoo

4. i don't really consider this guy to be hip hop. he's more like a highbryd (lol) :smoking:
    but anyways, dude is definitely different and even a bit refreshing. i much rather chill and listen to some of his tracks than to some stupid thug trying to rap about killing, or better yet, a middle-class fake kid rapping about guns and hoes..

5. yeah good, i don't consider him to be hiphop either.

his music is just mainstream bullshit constructed for college girls.

his rhymes are terrible and his beats are worse.

he's just some little fag who sounds like eminem,

good thing he'll be forgotten just as fast as he got known

6. damn you are upset about asher roth lol.

i think he's ok. he's definately not rap. dj drama is a good dj and he does alot of stuff with him and if you actually listen to the greenhouse effect he has good lyrics... they arent hood but they are creative.

jay z says he's gonna be huge. id probably agree.

7. atleast he isnt using auto-tune if i hear one more rapper use auto-tune ill flip out

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_1YVFX-Oro&feature=related]YouTube - Asher Roth - "Lark On My Go-Kart" (OFFICIAL VIDEO)[/ame]

Dope..

Agreed with the guy above. At least hes not buying into the whole bullshit autotune "hip-pop" bullshit. He's got his own little sick style, he uses the things he grew up around and knows about. Whoever wants to say hes wack or doesn't rap about hard shit or isn't badass, whatever. He raps what he knows and has pretty damn good flow/ wordplay.

9. I like him. like the album. pretty dope.... if you just don't like him based off of "College" then you're being.... a word I don't know.

10. This guy just screams poser to me for some reason.

11. #11 ImWithWhatever, Apr 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2009
    he got the same predictable flow, and he rele is too overrated, like i understand hes new, he loves weed and drinking and having a good time but cmon

and blunt cruising was terrible. out of all the songs that was the one i was most excited to hear just to see what hed do, and i rele dont like it at all

12. If that's the only song of his that you've heard, then you should not judge. He is actually pretty good.

13. I still struggle to understand how this dude ever gained any shred of fame. wtf

14. Lark on my go-cart is a good song, also that one about his dad is tight, forgot what its called, 1 sec...His Dream. Blunt cruisin is decent, my boys jam it on L rides so its kind of grown on me.

15. i like him only because he's from my area and we've blazed before he got big and did interviews for high times, etc.

his rapping is like eminem crossed with weird al, but serious.

16. this kid is trash..rich herb

17. i've been listening to ash for a couple years now... he's always been pretty good. sure, asleep in the bread isle kind of sucks (lark on my go-kart and blunt cruising are the shit though!!!) and i don't think he's gonna last. but still, his music makes me laugh and it's fun to listen to. isn't that wut its all about?

18. fuck that shit lol hes the ice baby and it's not because hes white or cuz eminem set he bar to high for another white rapper.