Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ashcatcher question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tokah-Jokah, Oct 4, 2008.

1. I've been using pipe screens pretty often lately and they work pretty well as long as you keep them clean but I wanna know if smoking with them would make an ashcatchers main purpose pretty useless since the screen keeps it all in the bowl. I know it would filter the smoke even more and give me more smoke overall but my bong is already double perc'd and has a beaker base so a milk shot takes long enough as it is. Is it worth buying an ashcatcher?

2. The main pourpose of an a/c it to catch the ash so your bong stays cleaner. The percs are to cool the smoke down. So no, getting an a/c wouldn't be pointless.

3. if you have percs an ashcatcher is sooo worth it... cuz percs are a bitch to clean

4. you should get an ac and stop using screens. Think about it your smoking out of glass but you pout metal in your bowl? makes no sense. might as well get a metal bong if your gunna get metal screens.

5. Yeh, some other people have said the same thing to me about using metal screens in a glass bowl and I agree for the most part but it makes cleaning the bong so much easier, especially the percs but I suppose the ashcatcher would do all the work and I wouldn't need screens anymore.

6. well there you go then. get the ac

7. Ashcatchers make a huge difference. It will keep your bong somewhat cleaner but then you gotta figure your going to clean that dirty as ash catcher which is a bitch too

8. Yes.

It does boil down to personal preference. I use both a metal bowl with a pipe screen, and also a very exotic looking glass ash catcher.

I use the ash catcher for leisurely smoking. It adds a little more filtration, makes things smooth and mellow, and like other said, it does wonders to keep the actual bong clean.

I use my metal bowl, usually when I want to be quick about toking and get to doing something else. It gives me less resistance, easier to pull, and easier to empty and reload.

Spending 20 or 30 bucks on an ashcatcher can save you HOURS down the road having to scrub your bong clean.

9. I guess I answered my own question lol.

I've seen some nasty ashcatchers as a result of neglect but I'm pretty anal about keeping my glass pieces clean. I don't clean my bongs every time I use them but change the water very often and never keep water in it if I'm not using it at the moment.