Ash catcher

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Jacob1056, Jan 6, 2014.

1. I just purchased a new bong and was wondering if I should pay a couple dollars to get an ash catcher. Are they worth the money to keep your bong cleaner?

2. Worth every penny. Just shop for a nice one so that you don't end up with a ton of unneeded drag. LHS here sells locally made diffused ash catchers for $50 for reference.

3. Definitely worth it! It's nice to always add another addition to your piece too.  

4. Ash catchers (from my experience) are definitely worth the investment. It adds more diffusion, which can create excess drag. But if you tweak the water levels it tends to balance out. Cooler hit, keeps your glass cleaner (which with some bongs is a godsend) and if needed, as previously mentioned, does add extra diffusion. I had a four arm tree perc ash catcher that I bought almost two years ago (which is now broken...) and it made my cleaning regimen much easier, and less frequent. Not to mention it performed well with all my pieces. Drag was never an issue. I would like to get a new A/C soon. Been eyeing a 90 joint HiSi A/C for a while now at my LHS. I personally prefer ash catchers, over carb filters. Sidenote: dream ash catcher anyone? Mine would have to be a toro. It might take me a while to drop that kind of coin on an A/C though lol. Cheers!Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app