??Ash Catcher Question??

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Bucky Larson, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Hey people, I'm used to smoking from just straight and basic bongs, or home-made bongs. Yesterday I purchased a new water bong and it has an ash catcher, diffuser, and a percolator which are all new to me. I was wondering if I need to buy a bowl to fit into the ash catcher, or if I put my herb directly into the ash catcher?  :bongin:  :smoking:  :confused: 

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/green-mini-perc-bong.jpg http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/green-mini-perc-bong-b.jpg

That's the bong, and on the right is the ash catcher. Please reply ASAP as I need to get this bong up and on the go as soon as i can!! :D  :D   The joint size is 14.5mm by the way, if that means anything.

2. That's bowl/ ash Catcher..u just need to fill it up with a little bit of water then load it up and rip!
    Enjoy

Should I drop a screen into it or do you think it would be ok how it is? Thanks for the super quick reply btw!

4. Yeah use a screen

5. Do you have any suggestions on anything I could buy to upgrade it? I want to get the biggest, smoothest hits possible but I have a smallish budget. Don't mean to bug you!  :smoking:  :bongin:

6. Try some fresh lemon juice in the water that will also keep it clean.
    For your next bong get some scientific glass that will def help on the smoothness. You'll have to save a pretty penny though but it'll be worth it.
    Also make sure you clean it often since it's thin glass.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'd pick up a Better diffuser if I were you that would help make it smoother, than I'd invest in an an actual ash catcher you can put that pre cooler on it as a bowl. That would make it look pretty sick

Who Dat!

8. Would you be able to post a few links to a nice diffuser and ash catcher, and whatever else you think that would help me out, Thanks  :metal:

9. you're good to go!

10. With the diffuser or diffused downstem or whatever should I still try to keep the downstem at a 90 degree angle or does it matter anymore?

11. As long as the slits on the downstem are covered, you're good.

Personally I tip beakers back when hitting them, you can use less water if you use them like that. Some people hit them at 90 degrees though, you'll just need more water to cover all the slits on the diffused downstem.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I dint know your budget but I'd check out the Grasscity shop they have good diffusers also I'd check out EDIT they have a large selection of ash catchers & diffusers as well :)

Who Dat!

13. One thing to note OP, if you are in the United States and order from GrassCity you might wanna snag an American made downstem.

It might cost a tad more upfront, but the shipping costs will be cheaper and you won't have to wait for customs to jack you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app