As promised

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by patriot, Mar 7, 2002.

1. I'm posting another real life tale of woes regarding the prohibition. It was a few years back. I was working as a dispatcher for an upscale limousine company in Denver. We had a list of famous clientele, including John Denver. One evening, I received a call from a gent who was on a flight into Denver who had booked a car with us. It turned out he was the president of a radio station which was one of my favorite. When I mentioned this to him he was impressed and told me he would get me a T-shirt. The boss threatened to fire me over the situation because we were not supposed to accept gifts from clientele. I had one of our drivers stop by the station and get the shirt anyways. It became one of my favorite shirts. However, a few months after this happened, I began hearing prohibitionist ads on the station from the O.N.D.C.P. (The Ministry Of Propanganda). I called to complain about them, but to no avail. So, I took the shirt back to the station and told them that anyone who supports prohibition supports crime and drug dealers and I couldn't support a station that runs propanganda on it's airwaves.

2. Hell yah stand up for what is right. good goin we need more like yah

Zach

3. Wow you took the shirt back...they ruffled your feathers i hate when stations change management of change views on subjects that are close to the listeners hearts. Good going i hate all the "More holy than thou bullshit"

4. way to go taking the time to go down there instead of just throwing away the shirt! you made your point clear to the station (or at least the people you returned it to), and i never would have thought to take it back to the station! i would have tossed it, or written my opinion on the back of it and wore it around in the public heheh