Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

As medicine, which benefits would weed (with THC) have over just taking CBD?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Johownas, Aug 22, 2018.

1. I know CBD can treat a whole lot of diseases, but I’m which ways can THC treat some diseases better than just CBD?

2. Cancer for one. Google Rick Simpson Oil and it’s effects. I’m stage 4 colorectal cancer with Mets to liver and lung. Been on RSO for almost two weeks. If I’m still posting, you’ll know it’s working.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Cannabis contains some VERY complex chemical compounds. They have substantially different chemical profiles in different strains. So presumptuous ninnys in industries like the pharmaceutical circus think "we'll just extract/isolate/synthesize this ONE thing and voila! - cash cow! But mother nature is far smarter than scientists sometimes tend to realize.

Anything not straight from the plant in the naturally-existing proportions will always be either less effective or ineffective, compared to the natural cannabis plant itself. Processes like live resin production are starting to chip away at distilling the Cannabis chemical complex, but anything else is going to be a poor compromise, for the time being.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I use cbd strains for pain cbd works better with a lil thc

• Like Like x 1
  5. THC and CBD work in very different ways- they don't even use the same receptors to do their jobs! Yet when they are combined they work even better than a pure, single cannabinoid. It's called the "Entourage Effect".

How THC and CBD Work Together (news – 2012)
    How THC and CBD Work Together | Pure Analytics Blog

Why CBD Is Not Enough: The Entourage Effect (news – 2014)
    Why CBD Is Not Enough: The Entourage Effect - MassRoots

As a result of the "Entourage Effect", a natural cannabis having a mix of THC and CBD will help prevent Alzheimer's.

THC's benefits are noted here-

Marijuana Compound Found Superior To Drugs For Alzheimer's (news – 2012)
    La Leva di Archimede (ENG): Marijuana Compound Found Superior To Drugs For Alzheimer's

While CBD works along other pathways to heal the brain from Alzheimer's damage in other ways-

In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer's Disease. (full – 2017)
    In vivo Evidence for Therapeutic Properties of Cannabidiol (CBD) for Alzheimer's Disease

Using both THC and CBD gives the amyloid plaque and inflammation a "double whammy"! :GettingStoned:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. I agree. Both THC and CBD combined together works the best. Right now I'm really enjoying Lemon G by Terrapin. 10.4%THC and 7.3% CBD. It is perfect. A little bit more THC and a solid amount of CBD I feel like its the perfect ratio. Its relaxing, uplifting and Euphoric. Great for pain and anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Holistic Benefits. Anything synthesized in laboratory settings are intelligently designed to be flawed in some way shape or form.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. THC, CBD, terpenes and all the other cannabinoids work together to treat various conditions. Although not much attention is paid to terpenes, they are important in changing the effects of a particular strain.

You could have a sativa and indica, both with 20% THC and 1% CBD, but one is energizing and the other sedating. The only difference is between the two is the terpene profile and other cannabinoids that aren't always listed.

Since everybody has different symptoms you can't really say if CBD or THC is superior. Whatever relief you're looking for will have to come with trial and error. Get a sample of a high CBD strain with little or no THC, as well as a strain with no CBD. By using different ratios of each you will be able to see what mix of THC/CBD works.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LemonG was one of the first strains I found that actually did the trick. It's been in my inventory and used regularly for going on 4 years now, as one of my best go-to strains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1