Artist turns marijuana smoke into art.

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by everydaytoker42, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Pretty creative but $2,500 for one of those is fuckin ridiculous.

2. that is pretty cool...

3. Niiiiiice, I have to try this next time I pick up.

4. It's just a stencil. That's not art that's cheating

5. anyone can do it

6. well yeah lol, it's not hard to do...
    the biggest part is making the stencil

7. And charge $2,500 a piece!

8. Lol. Pics of him blowing smoke all over his art, and one of him smoking?

Get outta here.

9. [quote name='"HBGBUB"']It's just a stencil. That's not art that's cheating[/quote]

But did'nt he make the stencils himself? And they are rather good stencils too. These are all idea's from his head that he wants to create with a selection of materials and tools. I'm not really a hardcore artist so im not trying to convince anybody with this next statement but sometimes art isn't just about a pretty picture.

10. Simple things can be beautiful.

11. thats pretty damn cool.

12. come on i could get one of my slobbery stoner buds to roll a blunt that has about a gram of resin at the business end and could paint you a turd with all the res..

13. You have to pay for the materials somehow.

14. I'd smoke with him

15. The price for art isn't just the cost of the time but your over heads debts etc, artists shouldn't have to sell them selves for nothing. many do though, not that I have ever sold a work.

16. Then go ahead, I'm sure it will be a beautiful turd.

17. Well said.

Understanding art isn't something we'll always be able to do and neither is liking it. However, we can't just disregard it as art simply because we don't like it, don't get it, or in this case, think it's too easy. The fact that these pieces raised a discussion that seems to be splitting some users into different camps means they're doing their job. They're controversial and questioning the status quo of art all the while using a unique materials.

If you look at painters/artists such as Barnett Newman, he became famous for painting a line down a portion of a canvas. He's a minimalist icon in the art world. His piece Voice of Fire sold for $1.8 million in 1989. Here's what it looked like:
    [​IMG]

By no means groundbreaking, hard, or necessarily worth nearly 2 million, but it's controversy and acceptance/admiration in the minimalist genre made this piece extraordinarily valuable.

18. The art world is a damn strange one.

19. This fool is smoking weed all day and blowing smoke onto a stencil.
    Take my money please!

If people actually buy his "art", I have no faith left in humanity.