Art Show 420 Edition

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by psychoperson25, Apr 4, 2013.

1. #1 psychoperson25, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
    Well folks it's April and it's that time of year when bowls are getting ready to be loaded, so I figured it was time for another art show. I'm going to re-write the rules because I am too lazy to look.

1. It can be any form of creative work even writing as long as the excerpt of writing is small. I can use my best judgement on that. So short stories and poems are acceptable. Here is a list of things you can enter

Enter:
    A. Visuals(photos, paintings, drawings, etc.)
    B. Music(a track of a song on soundcloud or something)
    C. Writing(short story, poetry, jokes)
    D. Videos(videos below five minutes in length)

2. Where to send them?

PM me a link to a photobucket or a file so I have a way to upload the pictures. Music in the form of youtube or soundcloud so I can embed. Videos through youtube. The writing just send me something I can copy and paste.

3. If you want a caption below/above your piece please say something in the private message.

4. All questions will be answered in this thread if you have them.

5. This time we will post this in the general section methinks if the moderators will permit me to do so.

6. This time I want all submitted work by 4.19 unless there are objections. I would like to be able to post everybody's work on 4.20.

7. I do not own any work you give me and I am not liable in any way for how they are used in the art show. You are merely giving me permission to post them.

8. DO NOT show the work you are going to enter in this thread I want it to be a surprise. I would prefer if it was work that wasn't already on GC but that is alright.

9. Have fun and when the show comes back if you have anything to say about contestants please be positive and give constructive feedback. What's constructive you say? Here's what isn't first.

A. "You suck."
    B. "You're music hurts my earholes."
    C. "You're art makes me want to put a lemon wedge on my sore open wound."

Here is something constructive

A. "You could use a bit more contrast in the foreground to bring the focus on the subject of the painting."

If you don't have anything constructive to say about a person's art you don't like. DON'T say anything.

EDIT:

10. 3 submissions per person.

Now that we have all the rules out of the way let's have some fun GC submit me artwork and discuss the logistics of the show with me. I'm going to roll a joint while I await any responses.

2. I agree with this!

Now I need to set up my scanner or obtain cd of the stuff I have in mind to submit. Been dabbling with a 35mm camera and so far have had some neat outcomes. I needed a break from my DSLR to get my creative juices flowing again.

3. I am so excited. We gotta get this up on 4/20 I'm going to get my creative juices flowing with the jay and draw up some sketch ideas.

EDIT: I forgot everyone gets 3 submissions.

4. I'm excited to see what comes of this, hopefully some inspiring things so maybe I can get back into the arts!

5. $$$$ubbed

6. Why don't you submit something?

7. I'm going to bump this again I want people to see it. Maybe I ought to just send invites to current first page thread starters...nobody seems interested. I can extend the date if need be but I don't really want to.

And to Mentlegen start now. Now is the best time to make art.

8. I have a feeling I am going to have to post pone or cancel this because no one seems interested.

9. Lame :(
    I just started a new job it's been taking a toll on me since I had some time off. So pretty much all the projects I had going got postponed.

10. Well I suppose it works out then but hey if someone is reading this thread and has even an inkling of interest in joining please do.

11. Looking forward to being super stoned and stopping by to look at some crazy art created by magicians tomorrow.

12. As a mage who is also trained in the dark arts you would know. Yeah I just hope this works out unless there are some very last minute submissions this is likely getting delayed.

13. Bummer it got delayed, was looking forward to seeing the photography submissions, always enjoy those. Hopefully soon.

14. Yeah sorry guys I just want it to be really good.

15. Anybody interested in getting this idea going soon. Obviously we missed 420 but I already got 3 entries including my own. I need at least like 8 different participants to make this work.

16. Kay I'm down, I'm running errands tomorrow and I'm gonna drop off my film to get developed. Maybe there will be some from there worthy, if not I have a back plan of pictures to use.

17. Awesome now we just need like 4 more.

18. Eh pyscho wondering if you would like to do a sketch of some album art for me, check out the thread if your at all interested!

19. I'm interested private message me and we can talk details.