Arrow

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Broses, Oct 18, 2012.

1. i honestly cant believe nobody has made a thread about this.

its a new tv show that just came out last week about The Green Arrow.

for those of you who do not know, the Green Arrow is kind of like batman, but hes not a pussy so he actually kills people.

the show is about him taking down awful people to save his city from criminals (like batman), and he does so in a way that makes the show very similar to Dexter (emotionless killer vigilante).

the show seems to have a pretty high budget, and it is written very well so far, ive been dying for more and more episodes since i first started watching it.

only 2 episodes out so far, but this looks like its going to be up there with shows like breaking bad.

i should also add that the show has a very similar feel to Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy, which is definitely a great thing.

heres the trailer:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk_ji5Yu_Mg]Arrow - Extended Trailer (The CW's Green Arrow TV Show) - YouTube[/ame]

2. First episode surprised me. I was expecting way more cheesyness and way less action.

Just be hopeful it doesn't go the same way of The Cape. Although this show blows that show out of the water.

3. ive never heard of The Cape before, so i cant compare the two.

but yeah, so far Arrow is looking REALLY good imo. well written drama that isnt awkward to watch. The action scenes are actually exciting, and it has plenty of mystery with who trained him on the island, who is his mother working with and all that.

i have very high hopes for this show lol.

4. I picked up on this show because of this thread. Seems pretty decent. You obviously can't put it on the same level as Dexter, Breaking Bad, and Game of Thrones. But it's definitely worth watching.

However, not so much if you're one of those "it's not realistic, bro!" kind of people. I love the parkour type stuff he can do though.

One thing I've noticed, is he even seems to have an eerily similar look on his face every once in a while to Dexter Morgan.

5. yeah thats why i compared it to dexter. he makes the character seem really emotionless most of the time, plus his vigilante shit.

but im really into superhero shit, so for me personally, its up there with some of the best shows. it clearly has good writing, and camera work, and many stories to use to its advantage. plus it helps that it seems to have a pretty decent budget.

breaking bad is a totally different show from everything else though. the writing is so thorough, its unlikely any show will ever do the same.

6. Tonight's episode was really good. Can't wait to see how the bodyguard dude gets involved.

7. hes totally going to become a side kick.

itd be pretty damn cool if he did lol. i was kinda pissed when it ended, because i wanted to see that conversation right now.

i mean, you know he had his suspicions from that knife throw, but now he actually saved his ass for real.

8. This show fuckin delivers.

9. man more people here need to start watching this show. it is absolutely an excellent show.

10. It's getting intense. F*** Laurel's father. I hope he gets himself tangled in something he can't get out of.

11. for real.

i cant wait to see how this arrest plays out. i mean if all those people on the list figure out who the vigilante is, hes kind of fucked. hell be forced to live out of his lair lol.

12. Im going to look for the episodes and check this out.
    I need more tv shows to occupy me lol.

a little of topic, anybody seen that show "The Men Who Built America"?
    i feel like i learned more from watching one episode than all the lame history classes ive taken throughout school lol

13. definitely, man. you should definitely check out Arrow. very great show.. same grittiness as the newest batman trilogy imo.

as for "The Men Who Built America".. well now youve got my attention lol. i dont know much about your country besides what everybody knows. i might check it out just to learn a thing or two. thanks, man.

14. yeah i just got episodes 1-4 . Ima watch them when i wake up tomorrow and see what the shows about.

i recommend watching Men Who Built America if history is something you like learning about. Make me wish i could invent something that would make me a billionaire and change the world :l

15. New episode tonight instead of wednesday like usual, just a heads up for the few people here who watch this.

i seriously cant fucking wait to see how this whole thing plays out, and i hope the bodygaurd (cant remember his name for some reason) situation makes up for the inevitable lack of action in tonights episode. im also thinking that there will be a LOT more flashbacks than usual, and we will get some history on his training on the island.

16. so tonights episode was fucking excellent again.

diggles being the green arrow for a night was cool, and then oliver queen finishing the job was cool as shit.

i love this show.

17. 3 episodes out in the uk so far, it's a really good show. Can't wait to see the next one

18. man ep 4 is very great for the story line, as is 5, but it is also just badass for reasons ive already posted and dont want to accidentally spoil for oyu.

19. [quote name='"Broses"']

man ep 4 is very great for the story line, as is 5, but it is also just badass for reasons ive already posted and dont want to accidentally spoil for oyu.[/quote]

Thank man, can't wait for it. I saw this advertised and just had to see it, it's like my new favourite show :p

20. same here man.

i love dexter, TWD, and SoA, but Arrow is honestly becoming my favorite show on TV.

its doing so great especially for a first season. when telling ym friends about it i compare it to Christopher Nolans batman trilogy.

also batman does not deserve to be as popular as he is, with the green arrow in existence.