Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Kprime99, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Definitely in my top 3.
    always find something funny I missed before
    the dialogue is just so damn good
    COME ON!
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvwyOrTB-rQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IvwyOrTB-rQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. When in doubt watch Arrested Development! I'm pretty sure i've watched every episode 5 or 6 times and love it every time. Movie hopefully in the future? IMDB says its in development(no pun intended) but that rumors been goin around for years.

3. You gotta love "Pier Pressure" when George Michael tries to score weed for Buster and Lucille 2

"Big yellow joint...big yellow joint...I'll meet you down at the big yellow joint"

4. Gob: Let me flip the lights so the dealer knows what's going down.

Dealer Approaches

Dealer: Drug Delivery!!!

5. haha, yeah...i heard about the movie...that should be really kick ass..
    yeah, that pier pressure episode was awesome..
    "I was gonna roll up the marijuana and smoke it, like a cigarette."

6. Tobias Funke will always be my favorite go to 1:11
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/24Bubq11mR8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/24Bubq11mR8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. hahahahaha... great clips. KingWi11, check out my occupation below my User Name

Now, I have a point to make. My theory on the movie is that they're waiting until after the next presidential election to finalize the script. AD fed off the politics of its time(Tobias' balls mistaken for Iraqi landscapes). The next election will usher in a brand new political atmosphere and I expect the movie to tap into how the country feels a year from now. If they made the movie using a script that's already completed then the movie would feel dated. I like my Arrested Development relevant as fuck.

8. I love this show. Gob cracks me up.

9. the drug deal was the funnest shit I have ever seen!

"WE HAVE A DEAL!" - it pops in my head every time I pick up.

10. "There's always money in the banana stand!" Amazing.

11. #11 dr dre, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
    holy shit arrested development is like heroin. you either havent seen it or your addicted to it

and i completely forgot about the worlds first analrapist

12. Tobias: Well, yes, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, if you will, so now I'm afraid I have something of a mess on my hands.
    Michael: It's just there's so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

13. Hands down the best Tobias moment was when he was sneaking around the lawyer's house in "Justice is Blind"

Also, whenever Gob pulls out Franklin is fuckin priceless

14. I blue myself!

15. That's the only thing i quote from AD.... im not proud of that.

16. One of the most underrated shows of all time. I absolutely love this show. I can't wait for the movie next year.

17. the rumor mill about a movie has been goin for 2 years now. douche-chiiiiill!!

18. Narrator (Ron Howard): When George Sr. was in charge, he had a habit of shooting down Michael's ideas.
    Michael: ...and 'Sudden Valley' just sort of implies that something could happen...all of a sudden. Plus it's on a hill.
    George Sr.: What, are you taking stupid pills? Come onnnnn...save us some money!
    Narrator (Ron Howard): This was a management tool that he used to keep Michael working for his approval.
    George Sr.: ...that was a hard one to say 'no' to.

19. I'd never seen this show, just recently started watching it.

In the middle of season 2 right now.

Does anyone else constantly get Gob's magic act theme song stuck in their head?

IT WON'T GO AWAY!