Around when does the smell start becoming a major issue?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Netherworld, May 10, 2015.

1. Just planning ahead.  I know it's during flowering, just wondering how far in does the carbon scrubber start having to pull its weight.  Also want to know how bad the smell from two flowering plants would be, since I do eventually have to open the tent up wide for water changes.

2. I am estimating myself around the 25 to 30 day mark. But I've read some thread on here saying there smelled earlier so I guess it depends on the strain

3. Yeah, I'm wondering if I should invest in some ona gel just for when I have to do water changing.  The vents in my apartment go elsewhere in the building.

4. It kinda depends on how stealth you need to be and what strain you are growing. For me week 3 of veg with a g13 labs cheese I hooked on the filter but with a Delicious Seeds cotton candy not till the start of flower about 5weeks veg at flip.

5. Different strains start smelling at different times. Some strains are lower scent if your concerned.

6. smell? an issue? your crazy! haha just kidding. if i was growing my lemon skunk in my house i'd be freaking out if i didnt have a carbon filter. 2 weeks in flower and you can smell her walking up. she smelled skunky 1 week before flower but had to get close to smell. depends on the strain my man!