Aroma Query

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Minggut, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hey GC, a quick query about how my early veg state plant smells.

Up until now the plant has had a sort of standard chlorophyll smell to it, but in the last few days I've detected a touch of, well, hemp smell, especially around the part which I fimmed about five days ago.

Is this a sign of the start of resin production, or is this 'just the way things go' when your plant reaches a certain size?

It's an exciting development either way.

2. All plants have a similar smell during veg, it is in NO way and indicator of bud flavor but say u sprout 10 seeds, then while they are in veg u rub a stem and see how they smell, the one with a stronger scent will likely be the better mother, the scent in veg won't be the scent of the flowers but the strength of the smell can be an indication of potency

3. Thanks man. It's not too much of a potent scent yet, hopefully it will increase as the new growth reaches a larger size.

It's a very distinct scent though, very different from the smell of bud. Plus it's lovely. Really lovely... brb, gotta go inhale the air in my closet.

4. Funny how you enjoy breathing in it's fumes even when its still alive...

:)

5. Yeah I just recently had a plant that was pretty intriguing, it had a strong peppery smell in veg but then during flower it had a really unique apple/candy/sweet flavor that translated to the smoke, I'm pissed I don't still have a clone of it since I had to leave for a month but I still have like 30 seeds from the same batch

6. Ow.

I licked a leaf.

Couldn't help myself.

Tiny hairs.

7. ^ lol. Yeah I have a strain that actually really stinks during veg. Almost enough I need a carbon filter.

8. I grew a white widow one time, and they had no smell, like jack shit for a smell till two weeks before harvest..when I cut them down the smell got ten times worse..sometimes when I water them the smell that rises up from the dirt is pure heaven .

9. Imagine it in full flower..it's crazy how one plant in a five gallo bucket can stink up a 2500 square foot house.....to the max