Arjans Haze 3 Unknown Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sativa_Lover, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Hello everyone, I woke up today to yet again the same problem that has been persisting for 3 days now. One of my Arjan's haze plants has a weird brown/yellow/black discoloring to it and is drooping/wilting. I regret not posting sooner because after a few days of watering lots and letting it dry I still have not managed to find out if its over watering under watering or somthing else. :confused:
    They are currently under 600 watt hps about 8 inches away from the plants and the temperature ranges from 71 - 83.4
    All help is greatly appreciated followed by some ++rep :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. are you using nutes?

3. What is the PH of the water you water with. It is a classic sign of overwatering, l but also a classic sign of root lock. I would check your waters PH first. Also, do not water for a couple days, if it is root lock you will need to flush them and if you have been overwatering, you will need them to dry out a little first befor eflushing. What kind of nutes you using?

less

4. I did a full flush yesterday, the Ph is neutral... but it's hard to tell because I have the chemical testing one (sulphate and ph indicator). I'm using Hesi soil nutes - Super vitimin, root complex, tnt complex and powerzyme. I'm letting it dry out but it seems to wilt more by the hour..?

Thanks

Sativa_Lover :smoking:

5. pics dont work for me so it's hard to tell but first thing that rang alarm bells is the distance you have a 600hps from the plants - 8" is way too close even if it's an air cooled jobbie - you'll get bleaching for a start which can then lead to other problems including deficiencies in the rest of the leaf as the cell structure of the leaf breaks down

how old are the plants?

6. i found out growing arjans 3 that you need to start off with a lower ph level than you normally would..like i would normally use my r/o water that has a ph of 6.5 but when watering the arjans3 i would add some generic lemon juice to bring the ph down into the 5 range.

i think you are experiencing a nutrient lockout caused by a high ph. i always had trouble with those plants until i started lowering the ph level before watering. also, they are fairly light feeders so don't go overboard with the nutes because you could just as easily be burning them.

7. Moved the light, and it's perked up a tiny bit. How high would you say the light should be and should I Put something under the small ones to even up the hight. Just over a month, they range in size from 11 - 19 inches tall, unfortunatly the ones that are 11 and 13 inches are the ones that are "sick" so there growth has been stunted a bit... any ideas because the large one is screaming to be flowered? :smoke: Thanks so much everyone for the input.

Sativa_lover