Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Arizona Medical: Average Wait Between Approval and Card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by inthemachine, Jul 3, 2013.

1. I have been approved for a Medical Marijuana card in Arizona, but have been having trouble finding an average wait time between the approval and the receiving of a card.  I've heard all sorts of numbers tossed around, usually in the context of 'my buddy got theirs in X amount of time, I think....' and all official sites just list the 'likely within ten business days' time limit.  The physician that wrote my certification only said 'well, the times vary, anywhere from 10 days to two weeks, sometimes a little longer'.

I was hoping some of you who have been through this before could give me some more solid info?  It's awful having to wait, despite being approved and fully legal to medicate - I'd very much like to be a functioning human being again - but I'd feel a little bit better if I had a more solid idea of just what sort of a wait I'm looking at. 

Thank you in advance!

2. I just got my AZ MMJ card less than 2 weeks ago. It was 10 days total from when I subitted my paperwork to the DHS to when I had the card in my hands.

3. Phoenix?

Hook it up!

4. Thanks for the feedback!  All the FAQs and whatnot only mentioned the typical wait from application to card, not approval email to card.

The clinic I went to was in Tempe, but I'm in Northern Arizona.  Luckily we have a dispensary just twenty minutes away.  Checking the mailbox every day - should be by this weekend!

5. Curious as well. 

1/10 at 4:45pm applied online for card
    1/15 at 4:45 I got an email that I was rejected for a typo 
    1/15 at 5:15 I corrected application
    1/15 at 6:06 I got an email that I was approved (after business hours?!)

Still waiting for my card. Quit all opiates for my back last week to go more natural, but advil isn't cutting it now. I'll post when the card comes. 

6. 1/21 card arrived. 

If you don't count 1/10 (the end of the day), and 1/20 (MLK), it took 6 business days from beginning to end and 3 days for it to arrive. 

7. You got approved online? No doctors note or visit necessary?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. went to the doctores office Black friday 11/25 @3:30pm
    received the approval email on 12/2 @2:22pm
    today is now 5 working days after approval 12/8 still no card :'(
    9 business days total still waiting

• Like Like x 1
  9. Give it ten days to two weeks especially this time of year. It won't be long. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. --IDK where the break-down is -- but my appt. was 12/22/2017. They told me 'with holidays allow 2 weeks) - which would have been 1/5. On 1/4 I got email saying approved. It's 1/9 and NO CARD. I think DHS website said wait 2 WEEKS after getting email notifying of approval. GreenwayArizona website states 3 to 4 weeks AFTER you get approval email. MarijuanaBreak.com says AZDHS will issue card within 10 working days (of receiving completed application.) It's not enough that AZ charges exorbitant fees but patients lost most of first month waiting for card? I of course am curious if clinic that processed application delayed at all ---

11. It will be approximately 10 business days from the time you got your approval email. Stressing over it won't get it any quicker. I've been in the program since its inception and have never had an issue. I'd venture to say that the clinic didn't get the documentation ready immediately for transmission. Plus, it's a state office right at the time when the least work gets done due to the holidays. I always do my own submission but now that you have the approval email, it's nearly over. Just hang tight. :)

12. I'm on the same boat as you right now, expect I've actually been waiting longer. I put in my application on the 14th of December. It is now, January 10th, 27 days later and STILL no card. My application process was approved, not sure what day it it is still frustrating. I got my card during the holidays which clearly is the worst time possible. I called my doctors office on 1/4 and got told it's only been 6 business days since 12/14 since "weekends aren't business days and holidays aren't either." I'm not sure what do to at this point, it's almost been a month which is ridiculous.

13. Got approved 4/19...like a kid waiting for xmas now....wait wait wait

14. Here is my timeline, for others that are in AZ's MM card queue. Completed and submitted MM card application through a certification center on Wednesday afternoon, in May. Received email note from state that application was approved on Tuesday, day 7. After checking my mailbox 1000s of times, I called the AZ health services department on Monday and asked for an update on my card. They said printed on Wednesday, day 8 and mailed on Friday, day 10. Was in my mailbox the following Monday, day 13.

15. This forum has been helpful. I thought it would be 10 business days from when my application was submitted. Had my appointment on Tuesday 7/31, received approval email from state DHS on Monday 8/6. Been checking the mail every day since and thought maybe they messed up. The state isn't responsive at all. I now realize I could be waiting another two weeks and just need to chill out. Also learned dispensaries and delivery services won't let you use the approval email to order in case anyone else wondered like I did haha.

16. Went to doctor on Friday 9/7 good certificate email on Monday 9/10. ( So that when it's gonna expire Sept 10th of next year. I plan to have it by Friday or no later than next week Monday. They got quicker since 2012 lol. Honestly most people get it in 7 days if u live in Phoenix area

17. I went to the certification place on Monday, April 1. Got the approval on Monday, April 8. Card arrived in the mail today, Friday, April 12. From the day I went to the doctor until the day my card arrived in mail, I waited 12 days.

Opening the letter and looking at my card was the happiest I've been since oh I don't know a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. 5/20 appointment, 5/23 approval email, 5/31 still nothing honestly dealers are more reliable than this. EXTREMELY heated!

19. 6/03 still nothing