Arizer solo charging issue

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by nillio, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Hey guys! Yesterday I plugged up my solo to charge and some weird stuff started happening. I got a universal charger from Walmart a few weeks ago because I wanted to be able to charge while I vaped. I just wanted to test it out yesterday so I set the charger to 9v and it just flashed the bottom 3 lights at me. I thought fuck it and just set it to 12v to let it charge like I normally do. This morning I woke up and the charge light was just solid red and the bottom blue light was on. I tried plugging it back up a few times and it just flashes the bottom blue light, then the 7 light, then the blue light comes on with the red charge light and it just stays there... Had anyone else had this problem?

2. I've been using my solo since december 2013 and now I have the same problem: when I try to charge my solo the lights just flash the similar way - the idle blue light shines, then the 7 light shines and then the whole pattern repeats again. When I unplug the charger from the unit the blue light is madly flickering permanently - I failed to turn it off even after disassembling the unit and unplugging the battery. When I insert it back the blue light continues flashing the same way. Sometimes my solo seems to work the proper way - it turns on, heats up but after 1 or 3 minutes it turns off automatically. But if I try to charge it again it does for a while - it can charge for 10 minutes or sometimes for 20 minutes; and then the problem happens again - the blue light flashes, then the 7 light flashes, then the blue light and so on. 

Guys, if anyone has ever had the same problem please tell me the way you've solved it! Thank you in advance!

3. Have you tried your original charger OP? And @[member="boborik"] what about you? Original charger? I have a bad charger that makes mine do the usual idle and first 3 lights, but I haven't heard about the idle, 7 and heat light problem. Maybe you can check out the 1000+ pages over on FC (here's the link for ease of finding the thread) there's a ton of information on there, and I'm sure someone else has had the same problem and will have a solution posted up from their findings. To make it easier, maybe try corresponding the year you bought it to the year of the posts, my Solo is a year old and it has software to display the idle and first three lights to flash so maybe yours is newer than mine.

4. #4 boborik, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Yosh139, I used only the original charger. Thank you for the link, I'll try to look for the solution there. I also contacted to the manufacturer may be they'll help me. The matter is I would not like to send my solo to Canada as the shipping costs almost as much as a new battery on amazon (including its shipping). So I just would like to figure out what my problem exactly is (a bad charger, a bad battery or maybe the problem is in the unit itself)

Did you by chance buy from an authorized dealer like puffitup or vapeworld? I know that they handle issues like this on their own. If you happened to buy it from something like the two dealers I mentioned, I would try contacting them first because Arizer has been terrible at customer service as of now.

From what I can gather from what you say, it sounds like the battery is fine and the charger is fine, but it might be something to do with the Solo itself, it has a computer very close to the heater after all and I know of computers that go to shit because they melt the motherboard.

Thank you for suggestion, but unfortunately I purchased my solo from "easyvape" ebay seller, that was why I decided to contact Arizer directly.
    By the way they said that I would not have to send them the defective unit for warranty service when they learned that my solo would have to travel from Russia to Canada and back. Today I paid them 55$ for the shipping of a replacement unit and it's the best solution of the problem I think; at least better than waiting for a month or longer while my solo would travel from one continent to another and back.

I think you're right about malfunction of the heater computer. Yesterday I managed to charge the unit after I had disconnected the heater and it even worked for 30 minutes or so but then it started to turn off automatically again and the madly flashing blue light came back