Arizer Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by CentiZen, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I've had my Q for months but I'm not sure exactly what's the best temp to use. I started out using 392F but wasn't getting a strong vapor so I raised it to the next higher number.

How much "product" are you guys putting in the elbow and how many times do you re-heat before refilling the bowl. I usually use it once or twice then I've been saving the "ash" for butter or something else down the road.

It's nice but doesn't get me as baked as my bong.

2. Start at 330 work up to 4. I usually let mine heat up for like twenty mi s at least. Ya dont need to but it gives me.huge vapor clouds every time. I think i use about .2 to. 3

3. Let me just quote myself, I should probably post this here anyways.
    This was someone asking about using the bags... But most still applies.

As you can see I use it on Celsius... I like the even numbers and matching with the remote :p Either convert these temps using google (you can just type in "70 c to f") or switch the device back and forth till you get where you like it...

Mostly though, I find 170 to be the lowest temp I can get decent vapor at. Some strains I can go lower... but if I want a decent hit its best to start here. Even then if you have not let the glass warm up as I mentioned above it wont hit that well.

I like to start low for the taste, then work my way up so I don't miss anything. This is probably most efficient too. I just kinda bump up the temp as I feel like it... usually ever few hits. Generally by 10, but sometimes 15 if the last hit wasn't that good.

I generally stop at 215. this will leave a tiny bit of dark green but mostly brown and a little black. 220 will get a little more, and leave things a little darker... but taste is not great.

For vapor bong I basically start and end at 215 or 220. (quality of vapor vs amount)

As mentioned above, suck into the elbow, lightly pack... when your not getting hits anymore there will still be some green around the edges... I just dump the whole "spent" elbow pack into the cyclone bowl. At lower temps the ABV doesn't do much... but at higher temps you'll get what you missed before.

4. Dang. Keep us posted if you don't mind.

Arizer should warranty the unit, but it is an inconvenience to say the least.

What batch/model is it? M10X?

When you say base you mean the bottom half of the Solo? or part of the psu?

5. M106.... bottom half of the Solo... where the buttons are...

To make it even worse, my stealth stems came today... :cry:

-Loki

6. Heck I would just call them directly and see what they say. You're using their power adapter with their vape.

7. Been emailing their tech support. They asked for my shipping info, so hopefully that means they'll send me a new one. I miss my Solo... busted out the Monkey pipe for now...

-Loki

8. Chances are you will be getting a new one, the Solo hasn't even been out 2 years yet. The biggest thing is why did it overheat? Is it a problem with the Solo or the psu?

Probably just your luck man, hopefully everything will work out.

9. Updates?

As far as the EQ is concerned....
    My whip tubing is dirty as fuck, where should I get more... and what tubing is a little more flexible?

Meanwhile, a nice alternative...
    [​IMG]
    I connected an elbow to a bag tube and then to a mouth piece with the little bis of tubing they supply. Close enough to all glass, just long enough to not harsh and all the parts come with it :D

10. sillicone tubing is much more flexible, can't name names but the sponsors over at fuckconbustion sell it.

11. Any updates man? Kind of curious how they handled the situation and whether they believe its the Solo or the PSU.

The base for my Solo doesn't even get warm. The only noticeable part that gets hot/warm is near the actual heating element, otherwise everything else is relatively cool.

12. Sent the unit back yesterday. They said they'd repair or replace it and express ship it back to me. I'll post again when I get it back and let everyone know how it turned out. So far, they've been great. Glad they are going to ship it express back, I miss my Solo...

-Loki

13. Gotcha. So its probably the actual Solo then. Its good to hear they're taking care of it. I can see why you miss it though

14. :wave: I've been loving my extreme q for 3 weeks now...wow :smoke:

15. So howd it go man?

16. Pretty sure i read he ended up getting an m107 back from them

17. They kept my M106 and sent me an M107. Took a little over a week to get it back. They did send it express which was nice...

On the down side, the M107 has a smaller hole and my 2 stems which were perfect for the M106 don't even fit in the M107... but I had 2 loose stems for the M106 that fit perfectly in the M107...

-Loki

18. i got my extreme q from fedex yesterday after ordering from amazon monday morning.

At first i couldnt tell if i was doing it right until i got blazzedd!!

Later that night after i reloaded on supplies, my g/f and I decided to give it all it has, and after tinkering around ballon/whip/forced whip....WE WERE TOASTED

I cant remember the last time i was that blasted but i giggled for a straight hour b4 knocking out. Love it!

1 of the cyclone bowls has shattered though upon arrival :*(

19. I remember someone saying he turned the fan on while using the whip so he wouldn't have to suck, now thats using your resources

20. I do that when I am so severely ill I can't contract my diaphragm to inhale off the vape enough without throwing up again. Its saved me from nights of pain and suffering.