Arguing politics on Facebook

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripple A, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Isn't it funny when someone on your friends posts something politically related, and all of their friends start posting stuff to disagree with them? I find it funny, but I also like to join in. See, I live in a very conservative state and people turn down anything that has to do with a liberal idea.

It's sad really. But I like to egg on the discussion by posting things they don't wanna hear. They call me a damn hippy liberal, when yet I am independent for that exact reason. I hate labels.

2. Sounds like this place.

3. Meh. I don't really visit this section a lot, so I havn't seen really any. Most people on these threads seem to get along though. As most of us have the same views.

4. Facebook is fun, usually it's me putting the liberals in their place though. Showing them the Libertarian way, one post at a time...

5. At least you're not conservative putting them in there place. It's pretty fun I agree. That's why I am independent. You get to put down both sides of the spectrum while still agreeing with half of each side.

When people post stuff to add fuel to the fire, like "damn Obama and his damn abolishing of the DADT, nobody wants gays in the military!"

Stuff like that I just have to post something witty to put them down and make them feel as small as an ant. :D

6. Dude, Libertarian is conservative, just in a different way.

7. If your a conservative but call yourself a libertarian, then yes this is true.

8. Well you know what I mean. I just mean the general hardcore rascist conservative. No offense to any conservatives, but some don't even research politics and claim they are conservative because their mommy and daddy are.

We don't really have libertarians around here, as far as I know. Unless I'm just out of the loop on that party lol. I sounded stupid :(

9. Well, I mean conservative in that they want little to no government intervention in a person's life, that's how I define conservative, although it might not be the agreed-upon policies.

10. Meh the word conservative has been dilluted of any real meaning to me.

There's conservatives who are traditionalists

There's conservatives who are more constitutionalist

There's conservatives who are constitutionalists but then shit on minorities cause they think their religion is the one true religion

I mean... it's just dilluted...

Libertarian is the only way to go nowadays, I will never refer to myself as conservative again. I just don't want people to be confused, because it means so many different things lol. The only good conservative, the constitutionalist/classical liberal kind, would not even cross the majority of people's minds if the word was mentioned.

11. I'm an environmentalist, which equals a conservationist, which equals a conservative. We just like to save for the future, so future generations may enjoy what we do today.

I'm also an Atheist.

12. I'm also an environmentalist, and I am not conservative... At least according to my definition of the world. And I hate when assholes are saying they are trying to preserve what "our founder's wanted" throught the constitution. The constitution is a great document, but we are allowed to change it, that's what the Bill of Rights and Amendments are for. Women and slaves were originally not allowed to vote, so by reinstitutionalizing slavery and eliminating suffrage for women, we are also doing "what our founders wanted"...

Rant...

13. I got a decent amount of signatures on my petition to end women's suffrage once. It was quite comical.

14. Wow QFT
    exactly what I believe

15. The founders were really quite intelligent. I can't defend everything that they did, but they were some smart mother fuckers.

Like you said the constitution is great and we have the ability to change it, but we don't. The government we have had for the past 145 years is a fucking sham. So many unconstitutional laws have been written and passed. The reason being that states must ratify a constitutional amendment. The politicians in power know they can't convince the amount of states they need to, so they don't. They just ignore it.

If we still amended the constitution it would be one less thing that we could bitch about, which in my opinion is a good thing. However I believe there should be no government at all so why do I care? I live my life trying to avoid the state at every opportunity while still trying to achieve some level of comfort.

16. I live in Canada, and have been voting for a conservative government, but I would have voted liberal if I was in the USA.

17. This. To statists, "Living, breathing document" = "Let's just ignore it all together".

18. There was just an argument about the DADT repeal on facebook that one of my friends posted, and it was funny. There was one homophobe against like 10 others. We roasted him alive.

19. Conservatism and Libertarianism are not mutually exclusive, however, it is possible to be a Conservative and a Libertarian, and it's also possible to be a Libertarian and *not* be a Conservative.

20. Fuck the labels and all that bullshit. Can't we work together to take this country out of the shit hole it's in?