Are you an activist for Legalization?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Samuel Caldwell, Aug 21, 2011.

1. If so have you told your child/children that you support legalization?
    If so have you told your parents/family that you support legalization?

We need to stop being afraid of what our families will think of us and start being afraid that they don't know the truth. We need to educate them about cannabis. We need them to vote for legalization when/if it comes to their ballot box in 2012/2014/2016.

The best thing for this movement is to unite our families under the knowledge that the cannabis laws in this nation need to be reformed.

If everyone that supports cannabis legalization stands up for what they believe in and then teaches their children/parents about cannabis this plant will be legalized in a matter of a few years.

2. yes i am. my family still thinks cannabis is for hippies...yet prescription pills are a gift from god. you can educate someone as much as you want but their beliefs will still hold true no matter what you tell them.

3. I completly agree and have told everyone that I support ending prohibition. I publicly post on my facebook anything that I think is worthy of sharing to teach anyone who would look. I don't hide it, and I have immediate family, and extended family on my friends list. I plan on posting information that can help the cause in my local mail room tomorrow.

4. At the very least, send some appropriate articles to them anonymously. Let's say "Uncle Charlie" has diabetes, you send him-

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy

[/FONT] Cannabinoids inhibit and may prevent neuropathic pain in diabetes. (news - 2010)
    MediGardens: March 2010: Cannabinoids inhibit and may prevent neuropathic pain in diabetes. (University of Calgary; Alberta, Canada)

Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts (news - 2010)
    Medical News: Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts - in Lab Notes, Lab Notes from MedPage Today

Old "Uncle Charlie" would never vote to legalize "pot", but show him cannabis as a safe and growable diabetes medicine that works faster than any pill- and it possibly kills cancer?- THAT might just be another matter entirely!

The post office does NOT require return addresses. A first class stamp will usually send 5 pages. My List has hundreds of MMJ studies and articles- just click that first link in my sig! And your doctor could likely stand a little education, too! :rolleyes:

And to be the most effective activist possible, you need to do one thing above all-

EDUCATE YOURSELF!
    :yay:

Granny :wave:

5. Possibly kills cancer?

Cured: A Cannabis Story (A film by David Triplett) - YouTube

Take a look at this video. Marijuana can kill some types of cancer right now in ways that normal people can utilize without chemotherapy or removal of tissue.

6. Hon, I know, but I was "speaking" to "Old Uncle Charlie" who would not "buy it" as a solid statement- "Cannabis kills many kinds of cancer cells through apoptosis and other methods, too!" Just "selling it" to him as a diabetes medicine is a big enough first step! The real education can begin once "Charlie" sees it as a medicine!

Granny

7. Remember: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

8. Stoned4sure, you took the words right out of my mouth. If you have friends and family that can be convinced, great. But it is a mistake to underestimate the intensity of anti-cannabis sentiment that many people feel. It seems to be a deep-seated, visceral hatred, like the hatred of snakes that many people feel, or the fear of heights. In some cases, your efforts are better aimed at those who might actually listen and consider your argument.

9. If you know how they are then use a point of approach on their level. That will take the argument they would have had out. Showing that you are just trying to show them a different perspective is a easier way to go about it. Also find out what their argument is and use whatever information you need to defeat it. Break it down for them . But most importantly do not get into a fight or argument that goes nowhere. making them mad just makes them more stubborn.

10. I was mostly implying to the people that haven't tried talking to their family members. Assuming something will go wrong is not the right attitude to have in this movement. Always be ready and predict what they will say so you are ready with a rebuttal.

For the ones that have tried and got no one. Thank you for trying.

"Do or Do Not. There is No Try." - Yoda.

11. I tell my parents all the time and they agree its time for legalization......then again they smoke bud too :smoke: so its not like its hard to talk to them about it. :D