Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are You Addicted To weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ROCHESTER-420, Nov 14, 2011.

1. [quote name='"DoctorX"']Of course not.
    Weed isn't addictive...[/quote]

Sure there isn't things in ween that actually make you addicted but it can be just straight up addicting like a cheeseburger or pizza

2. its 11:34am and i haven't smoked yet. i'm not addicted.

jk im high

3. My words are exactly. I would never touch weed again if I really wanted to. I think I have reasonably good self-control when it comes to things like this.

4. It's strange because talk like "I'm not addicted, I can stop whenever I want to!" sounds like addict talk to me...

5. It sucks when I don't have any for a while but not addicted. I am actually glad I don't smoke everyday or have the money to do it. I generally smoke twice a week during the weekend. I like it because I always have something to look forward to at the end of the week! :)

6. lol yea but if you think about it, what do the people who really aren't addicted say?

7. theres been like 290380423 different threads on this

8. I'm not addicted to anything...that's why I drink...to kill the demons inside me. Lol, but seriously I am not addicted, I only smoke maybe 3 days a week (I know seasoned tokers would cry)

9. I've been physically addicted to drugs (unmentionables of course) and experienced real physical withdrawals. Weed to me is NOTHING like that. I often choose not to smoke simply because I don't feel like it - whereas with real addiction you find yourself using over and over again when you don't want to, if you're sober you're consumed with the idea of your next high, etc.

The fact that every day all day stoners frequently just stop smoking for days/weeks/months at a time for the sake of tolerance actually says a lot about how non addictive weed is. You don't see a gutter drug slut saying "well I'm sober right now trying to get my tolerance back down" - they'd just start shooting up or plugging or doing whatever possible to get the same high instead of waiting for tolerance to decrease.

10. physiologically - no.
    psychologically (habitually) - mmmmhhhmm

11. Man I love weed :smoke:

12. No im not addicted

13. meh. i guess. when i don't have herb, i'm irritable and easily agitated, but, it's something that i can easily deal with. going multiple days without bud is a non-issue though it's not something i intentionally try to do. also, i don't do anything absurd in order to acquire more herbs when i run dry. hard for me to call this an addiction as i've seen addiction completely control the lives of friends.

14. anyone who says theyre addicted is mentally weak, or is in desparate need of a hobby. i mean i smoke pretty much every day, but i never get the urge to smoke weed and sometimes i simply dont feel like smoking

15. Nah I just like to get high sometimes and make money.

16. I will never be more addicted to weed than I was addicted to video games when I was younger.
    I seriously would roll out of bed, pick up my controller, play for the entire day minus food and bathroom breaks [and school], roll back onto my bed, and the cycle would continue.
    Every. Single. Day.

Though, I'll admit, if I don't have bud, and I'm not out and about doing things, I get very bored very quickly and thus get pretty sad.

But there will never be a day that I'll give a crack fiend head for a gram of schwag. Just ain't happening.

17. If there is an addiction, it's psychological, not physical. We just "think" we need it. :)

At this point I definitely think I need it :)

18. Last time I tried quitting I wasn't able to sleep because I can't fall asleep without weed but once I get past the point where I get back in my normal sleeping habits then it is no problem.

19. I'd say I'm addicted. But I'm not admitting that it is any way a problem.