Are You A Family Person

Discussion in 'General' started by MrAmazing, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Are you a family person? I've finally come to accept the fact that I'm not a family person. From the way I've grown up and parents mind sets we've never been close like how I see other families are. Our lives have basically been about education and nothing much besides that. Me and my siblings used to have limited freedom when young and I was only social when I was in school than at home. Then I've been separated with them for so long that even though it wasn't a divorce or anything I don't really have anything to do with them. The age differences between me and my siblings are 1.5 for my sister and don't get me wrong I'll protect her if I see she's up in some dumb shit with any boy but that's basically it. We don't really have anything to talk about. Then my brothers the difference between us are 7 years and 5 years. My parents are always getting on my ass that I should be closer to them but if don't even really know what to do. I have nothing to talk to them about, at their age I was basically taking care of myself but it's different cuz now they have people to do things for them so their not as smart or innovative as I was at their age. My friends know about me more than my parents do. I feel it's not right but then I know that deep down I don't really care. I know they always say that blood is thicker than water but I just don't really follow that saying. Are you a family person and if not do you feel that you should be or you don't really care? Would like to see how people are in their families. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #3 TheCoolest420, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    Lol i'm not neccesarily a family man. i don't aspire to have a huge family. And my family was dysfunctional/broke growing up so we never really had big holidays and shit.

But yea i care a lot about my family. I talk to my siblings at least once a month and we'll go out and do something. Its not even about us "talking" i don't really have shit to talk about with my siblings either. But we are all so comfortable together and we just have the greatest conversation about our environment. I can laugh with them the way i can't really laugh with anyone else. When i'm around my brothers and sisters thats a feeling i don't get from anyone else you know what i mean? Like i look at them and see part of myself in everything they do. They are like my best friends.

And i always put family before everything else. So even though i may not be a "family man" in the traditional meaning since i don't have a traditional family, i still love them and put them before everyone else. And i know damn well they better feel the same about me.

3. I guess I'll wait a little till we get older maybe things will change then. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The only family member I have a real connection with is my mom, but it doesn't me. I still have very close sibling-like relationships with other people and I don't feel like I'm missing out.

However, I do want to have a close family in the future. Maybe not with my brothers or sisters but maybe a wife and a kid(s) in the future?

5. Honestly i hate families. My family never really talks to each other, we all just do our own thing lolSent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I like family in small doses, so I guess I'm probably not a family person, my mums side of the family are hardly anything like me so I tend to find it harder to deal with them, my dads I get on with much better.

7. I feel like I have to answer this in layers. There is my family that I grew up with, and then my family that I am starting now.

My family is NUTS. Bat shit crazy. And I FUCKING LOVE IT! As much as I may complain; with my family is the only time I really feel 100% accepted and comfortable. They measure success by happiness not money and status, we bicker and fight about EVERYTHING, but we have each others back when it counts. I just wish I lived near them :'(

Then there is my family I am starting. Me, My husband, and our 2 year old son. In this regard I am DEFINITELY a family person. We do everything together. I can count on one hand how many times we have had a sitter for our son in 2 yrs. Not because we dont have time to do things, because its just not the same without us all together. Memberships to the zoo, museum, family movie nights, tickle parties, etc. I am hoping I can stay this close with my son as long as possible.

to everyone who is not quite into the family thing, I can understand it. I wasnt when I was younger. As I got older and realized my parents werent BSing me, that friends really do come and go, you will realize that you only have your family to lean on when the shit hits the fan.(unless of course you were in a shitty situation when growing up) Wish I would have realized it sooner, I was raised by my grandparents because my mom and dad just couldnt do it, My Grandpa died 2 years ago in feb, and I regret alot. :(