Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are we risking our health greatly by using cannabis ?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DaN Th3 WeeD, Jun 19, 2009.

1. I read about a study done on marijuana and how it could greatly increase testicular cancer. Are us stoners really at risk ? Everybody is gona say this study isnt true but we seem to be pushing away all new research pointing towards how unhealthy marijuana is just because most past studies were untrue. Im really thinking of quiting smoking MJ now because of all the latest news im hearing about it. But then again i really love the herb. But i also dont want to put myself at risk to cancer. What should I do ?!

2. That study doesn't prove shit.

The way they conducted the study was poor. They asked a bunch of testicular cancer patients if they use cannabis; a lot of them said they did, it helps them deal with their cancer.

So the people conducting the study automatically assumed that there is some sort of correlation between testicular cancer and cannabis use.

Tl;Dr No. Us smokers are not risking our health.

3. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytt79i-_Qo"]Watch this video.[/ame]

Enough said.

4. #4 emazing, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2009
    What that guy said at the very end sums it all up for the OP.

5. Yes marijuana is very very bad for you and you should not do drugs. ;)

6. But researchers arent stupid. Wouldnt they also have picked up the fact that the reason why they are showing signs of risk to cancer because they already have it? And their tests show that marijuana increases the risk of cancer. How did they come to this conclusion ? I doubt that they are so blind and stupid when researching this.

7. You'd be surprised.

8. If you're really that concerned then just stop smoking. I do so much shit to my body with far worse drugs then cannabis regularly, and I'm fine.

Wasn't this study only conducted with like 12 people or so, to?

9. Hes with the giant robotic ninja army hovering in the atmosphere.

Duh.

10. Sory im just really confused. Mostly because my mom thinks its this horible drug and im just trying to find any posible truth to it. But ive come to the conclusion that even if it is going to give me cancer, at least ill have an awesome life smoking cannabis.

11. Haha. But seriously. It won't give you cancer. The tobacco in some joints might. But cannabis itself won't.

If your that scared about cancer, use a vaporizer.

12. Thats because lies are told about it?

If you want to know truth and facts so bad watch a real documentary about what your trying to get info of...

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9077214414651731007&ei=ZRM8SoeTLoPblQfpv4i-Cg&q=the+union]The Union[/ame]

13. OP, did you even watch the video that HonestJourney posted?
    Smoking weed will not give you cancer.
    Researchers get paid too and if theyre being paid by someone who wants them to say a certain thing then you bet that's what theyre going to say.
    There is no scientific evidence to prove that cannabis causes cancer
    On the contrary, there is scientific evidence that shows that THC kills cancer cells
    The marijuana = testicular cancer argument is bullshit
    They know lots of young men smoke weed, they want to scare you, dont let them.

14. Some people will believe anything they hear, it seems...I just came from another thread where the guy thought long term smoking makes ya bald :confused_2:

Y'all be watching too much tv ;)

15. researchers will find a way to prove anything they're getting paid to prove. its almost as bad as the study that "proved" marijuana kills brain cells when the scientists forced 63 joints worth of marijuana smoke into the lungs of monkeys in 5 minutes. of course the monkeys suffocated and lost brain cells... yeah weed doesn't cause cancer:smoking:

16. So I'm a scientist, marine biologist, and if they only did a sample size of 12 ppl thats crap, there are plenty of ppl who have testicular cancer and they could have definitely polled more people. Also the wording of how they asked if they used pot affects how they answer. Dude until a handful of more studies on the same topic but by different researchers says the samething I would not buy into it. And previous posts are right, these researchers could simply be against cannabis and want to find a way to prove it. But I have not read the study.

I'd relax, smoke, and live life.

17. old propaganda against weed, does nothing to your testosterone, or your testicles or any of that nature..

18. I would kill those scientists who forced 63 joints worth into those monkeys...if those monkeys died...i would of tortured those scientists for years to come till death.

i hate when people experiment on animals. its pisses me off so fkn much.

19. Would you rather us test on humans? :rolleyes: