Are we living in a matrix?

Discussion in 'General' started by Cynikal, Nov 16, 2009.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWzS_jkAoU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Are We Real? Matrix?[/ame]

2. #2 light green, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    i've watched the first 5 minutes so far. i'm sticking around.

damn. that was good.

3. This was pretty interesting to watch. I'll stick to literature though.:)

4. dudes man, this is interesting dude, seriously.

+rep for this video post.

man :bongin:

5. I watched the whole thing. fucking amazing.

6. wow real interesting video, im up at 5:30am watching it lol, nice post

7. amazing video bro.

anyone catch that that guy was a thearatical phycist

in Theory he is a phycist hahaha

8. when I get my buds later today I will blaze up and watch this for sure:wave:

9. dude that life game was fucking mind blowing

10. Yep I had the link for awhile to the video didn't know if people were open to watch a video
    I'm not some kind of sponsor I'm just a guy that believes in alot of things...
    I just wanted to share that video to fellow stoners to see if it was even interesting and it is...
    Haha I'm baked right now...

11. Woah, just finished watching it. gonna take me awhile to pick up all these pieces of my brain off the floor. :rolleyes::confused:

12. All of it was very thought provoking, the thing that interested me the most personally was the "life game". Very cool idea.

But some of it was just.. well, I want to say horseshit but instead I'll say "theoretical" haha. I mean claiming that the idea of a multiverse is scientific because it can't be ruled out? Ok, then what's to stop me from saying instead of other Universes there's a god sitting right outside our universe, would that be considered scientific as well just because it can't be disproven?

Also, the idea that our brains and bodies would one day be replaced by silicon thus making us immortal, even if it were possible, would be completely ridiculous. Who would volunteer themselves to be replaced by an immortal silicon being, even if we wouldn't sacrifice our mental self-awareness and sense of identity. Mortality is what makes life beautiful, it makes every moment special. This is why the Gods of ancient greek mythology envied us, our lifes were more precious than theirs would ever be.

All in all it was a great video, I thoroughly enjoyed it even though I didn't agree with some of what was being put forward. :D

13. really thought provoking vid. I beleive in the multi-verse. Like there are laws of physics and every universe has slightly different laws. We are just one outcome of this.

14. Very interesting video, i'm a personal believer that our universe is among many.
    Just like that scene in MIB where the Alien whips out his sack of universe marbles.