Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are we evolving?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Guitarguy1821, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Think about how far mankind has come in such a short time. From using pointy sticks, and sleeping in caves, to drone aircraft, and space stations.

Idc whether you believe in the big bang, or God creating the earth. Thats not the topic at hand.

Think about it though. In only a few short years, theyre planning to send a team to Mars.

One thing that got me thinking about this is how certain industries have been main focuses in time. From hunters, and fisherman, to factory workers, and now the IT industry is getting big and were coming up with all these crazy new techs.

Idk if im making sense or not, Im stoned outta mehind.

2. We wont be evolved until The Boondocks has a 4th season

3. Evolution never stops so yes we are still evolving. It's just at an incredibly slow rate. Fun fact: thousands of years from now humans will no longer have pinky toes like in Phil of the future. I have strange pinky toes nails as supportive evidence.

4. IMO we are devolving.

5. That's highly illogical.

That's like saying the bridge of my nose is smaller, thus, we will have snake noses in thousands of years.

6. I think we are evolving within a devolving culture.

7. I learned this in one of my classes at some point in my life, but humans have grown an average of several inches since....... Idk when but its over time.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I learned when I was in highschool that we aren't evolving any more since every body pretty much survives so the gene pool can't shift direction its just diversifying. So like we're not evolving anymore
    Nah I saw this show on the history channel where they found these tombs of giants that were 7'10 and there were like 4 or 5 found.

9. #9 hermione420, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    [quote name="Some Asian Toker" post="19262050" timestamp="1388558268"]That's highly illogical.That's like saying the bridge of my nose is smaller, thus, we will have snake noses in thousands of years.[/quote]Trust me. I've done my research on my pinky toes to figure them out and it turns out its evolution. Doesn't sound illogical to me.In the distant future, humans are also going to be more prone to balding (start losing hair younger) and have narrower chins. I don't bullshit people when it comes to science man.

10. #10 hermione420, Jan 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
    [quote name="j420j420" post="19262439" timestamp="1388566439"]I learned when I was in highschool that we aren't evolving any more since every body pretty much survives so the gene pool can't shift direction its just diversifying. So like we're not evolving anymoreNah I saw this show on the history channel where they found these tombs of giants that were 7'10 and there were like 4 or 5 found.[/quote]As long as there is an environment and biolife there will be evolution. It just goes so slowly that it barely interferes with us thus we dont take much notice. This should be in the science section but whatever.

11. Lol of course we are...evolution is a constantly ongoing natural cycle, much like time...its always been there & always will be as a constant of the natural worldSent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. remember evolution is a purely who can breed the most. Survival is less of an issue, even those who struggle to survive (eg much of Africa) have more children so its unlikely they'll be a shift to one race. Anyone seen that movie where in a thousand years time humans have evolved to be really stupid because smart couples have high pressure jobs and don't want to have kids whereas stupid people get pregnant loads young. Shit film but interesting idea

13. Oh wow. When you think about it, its scary that its actually plausible.

I know a TON of people my age(21) who do pretty much nothing but party all the time, and lots of them have kids that they drop off with friends, or parents instead of spending time with them. Thats scary man.

14. [quote name="Guitarguy1821" post="19264209" timestamp="1388605979"]Oh wow. When you think about it, its scary that its actually plausible. I know a TON of people my age(21) who do pretty much nothing but party all the time, and lots of them have kids that they drop off with friends, or parents instead of spending time with them. Thats scary man.[/quote]yeah with retirement ages getting older and stuff people with important jobs arent having children. Culture has a lot to do with it too people are more selfish now the cost of a kid puts them off!

15. Show me proof, because until you do I'm calling bullshit. 

16. Dang, OP. You got me fucked up.

17. People don't lose traits, ie, the pinky toe, even if they are not necessarily helpful, or even necessary.  Thats just not how evolution works.

18. "In man we find that the line of leverage has remained in this position or even moved over entirely to the big toe. As a result of this greater weight bearing and mechanical functioning the big toe has grown to the largest of all the toes with a progressive decrease in size and function as one moves to the little toe. The increasing loss of function in the little toe is revealed by the fact, which was mentioned above, that in a large number of people it has degenerated to a tiny digit often without a nail or only the merest vestige of one. This suggests the probability of its future disappearance. But since nature is slow I dare go only so far as to predict that the little toe of our future man will be even littler and that in many it will perhaps be simply a suggestion of a digit. This loss of toes, however, need not surprise us, for it is a phenomenon well known in the evolution of a number of common mammals, such as the horse, cow, camel, pig, etc."

this is straight from the link I posted above, so i hope you meant "do," instead of "don't"