Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are vaporizers really that healthy?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Chimera Prod, Oct 20, 2011.

1. I think vaping is definitely way more healthy for the first few hits, but the problem is when I keep vaping until the weed turns gold / brown, then the hits start to taste bad.

I have a SSV and I try to vape my stash until it's pretty brown. Even if it tastes bad I keep vapin until there's zero greenery left.

So my question is basically when your vaping the shit out of your weed, as long as you don't let it get burnt black, is this still healthy? Even if it tastes bad but still has some green?

I just can't see how this is supposed to be super duper amazingly 99% carcinogen free method, it just feels like maybe 50% healthier, especially with the SSV, the clouds are so thick it's like, this cannot be THAT much better for you.

(Also please don't suggest edibles because it seems like I either get no high, or way too high, off of them, there's just no in between!)

2. It's water vapor. Smoke, in general, contains carcinogens. There's no smoke in vapor. You're receiving the THC that vaporizes at 350-405 degrees. It's not bad for you.

3. I've never owned a vape but my friend had one and he used to vape the weed till it was like little black crack rocks. Basically the only thing that will be left is the tar/carcinogens which need a higher temperature to combust.

4. Vaping to that point is pretty much combustion. The substance shouldn't turn 'black' and rock like.

5. I also seem to have a lot of phlegm and mucus when I vape a lot. I thought vaping was like completely healthy and not supposed to weaken your immune system, but I can tell you as a seasoned vaporist, I really don't think its 90% carcinogen free. Like I said before, it seems more like 50 % healthier than smoking.

Am I stupid? Is vaping really as healthy with no toxins like most people believe?

6. based off of my experience with vaping im going to say they are very healthy for me at least.when i was smoking i had mucus and was coughing up shit all the time,but when i switched to vaping my smokers cough went right away and now i can actually breathe good.