Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are tolerance breaks worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skatealex2, Oct 20, 2009.

1. everytime i start a tolerance break when it comes night time, i start to question what i am doing:confused: I am usually a night time smoker anyway and everything i do at night is enhanced by marijuana.

I need some wisdom from expert tolerance breakers.

What have your experiences been with tolerance breaks? Do old school highs ever come back?

:smoking:

[​IMG]

2. I took a 4 month t-break, when I started smoking again the high was better than what I was getting before I started my break - but it wasn't as good as the first few I ever had.

3. #3 stoner_lukas, Oct 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2009
    Tolerance breaks are definitely worth it, at least for me. I'm an everyday, all-day smoker, so my tolerance builds rapidly, and only being high for 30 minutes after smoking isn't cool.

So I t-break the first 2 weeks of every even numbered month. Keeps my tolerance down and regenerates my love and appreciation for marijuana every time. But then again I can go from smoking to not smoking with no problem...if you can't then a tolerance break is nothing but a pain in the ass, I imagine.

That first high never comes back, but I believe that's subjective anyway. Anytime something is new to you, especially something as all-encompassing as a weed high, your primary memory of that event is going to be such that that event can never repeat itself again. It's all in your head though.

I get very close to those to that first high when I t-break.

4. Im wondering the same thing. I have tried four times and havnt gotten too far on any of them. A great deal always comes along whenever I want to try. This was gunna be last of my stash but now my dealers got cheap outdoors...

5. #5 skatealex2, Oct 20, 2009
    I normally don't smoke during the day because weed can give me a bad case of social anxiety when I'm not in the right setting, but I have grown to become a night time toker over the years. I also think with only smoking at night (and being skinny/drinking lot of green tea)- my tolerance is actually really low and I always get pretty blasted.

That's pretty tight that you can go 2 weeks every 2 months with no problem. but I love smoking at night time and it probably would be a pain to go a bunch of nights sober.

everything i do at nighttime is enhanced greatly be weed......................... I haven't done a tolerance break since i have used psychedelics last year...... but its probably better i save it for a time when i have a job and tons of work. maybe when the finals come around.........

T-breaks seem like too much effort :hippie:

6. Seems like every third time or so that I think "I could contribute to this thread" you beat me to it. : -(
    I mean...you've literally said everything I was going to say and as well as I would have said it.
    You're makin' me feel useless man! : -P

7. I think they are worth the effort. I had a 3 month tbreak, and now half an oz almost lasts me two months. And thats getting high twice a day.. Just doesn't take much (3 hits). I like to take a couple months off a year, so I can keep that tolerance low. It saves on money. :smoking:

8. 3 months is insane. i only need one or two bowls to get nice and high when i smoke at night................ I find it hard to go for long without weed because there are always those times like right now when being high would simply make everything more euphoric

[​IMG]

9. It can be hard some times. You just gotta learn how to tame your soul..

10. Word man. I know deep down that I could do it.

i think i am just gonna smoke in smaller amounts now and make a habit of stopping an hour before i sleep- that way i wake up completely refreshed.

There are defntly some advantages to t-breaking though, but right now on the scale all signs point to get high

11. If your tollerance is high I would day its definitely worth it. When I got back from my 3 month t-brake and my other 2 brake (2 weeks) I got blitted of of a few hits. It also really refreshes your love for the herb.

12. when i run out of weed i take a week long T-break (i keep my tolerance low when i have weed on purpose)

then when i pick up i pack a big ass bowl and chill.

its worth it

13. #13 skatealex2, Oct 20, 2009

my tolerance stays low because i only smoke at night and i drink green tea all day.

kush- that sounds like a good approach to have-

If you have bud smoke it and when you run out, take a break until it comes around again. usually when i reach the end of my stash- i smoke in really small amounts until i get a new pick up . ive been lucky so far to find bud within a week or two after running out :smoking:

Since using Psychedelics- I've never really needed a refresher with weed, although im sure a big break would make for some really nice/deep highs.

14. I found that your tolerance builds back up rather quickly after a a T-break

15. yes, i would smoke everyday and my high's would last me for 30-40 mins and thats from smoking a few bowls off my bong.

thinking back to when i first started, i would take a few hits of one bowl and be blazed for 2-3 hours.

i want to get to that point again i'm taking a break till december, plus with the extra money you save i'm going to get my self a nice new bong as a reward. i think you should do the same that way you have something to look forward to.

-More intense highs for longer durations.
    -A new kickass piece.
    - A better appreciation for the herb.

When you focus on what you will gain instead of what your loosing out, finding the effort to not smoke will be effortless.

Good luck.

16. #16 skatealex2, Oct 20, 2009
    i hear you on the money part- that is one clear advantage of taking breaks/\ and i also like that i find it easier to concentrate and focus when i am in a sober state

but many people say that their tolerance goes up after breaking- that could be from excessive smoking though. im sure if you keep it to every few days, your tolerance can stay at a level where your highs are very deep. def keep your break up though, sounds like it will be worth it!

i've thought about becoming a weekend warrior before, but its too tempting to not smoke at all during the week . just the relaxing body effects alone are worth blazing for!

i want to take a big break at some point though but i think it will be much easier once i land a job and have more things that i need to worry about.............. maybe during the last few weeks of the college semester i will go for it:smoking:

17. yeah its so fuckin worth it, im at the blaze 8-12 times a day the great high would be worth it, i wish i could invent something to scoop out my brains tolerence without me taking a break

18. Sometimes I smoke OD and sometimes I dont toke for a while, but no matter what it ALWAYS takes forever to get high, even when I came back from a 2 year unofficial "T-break". But sometimes to help I switch from getting say an 8th of fire to a q of midz to an 8th of beasters etc. because by the time I start to run out of one kind my tolerance is getting ridiculous, but since each diff type has a diff type of high it throws me off a little and helps me feel it more.

Could just be me though :bongin:

19. let's just stop it right there...

20. breaks are definitely worth it. i just started a t-break a few days ago, and i'm going to try to stretch it 2 weeks, which would be amazing. I'd still be happy about a one week break