are they really drug abusers?

Discussion in 'General' started by YouSuckDude, Feb 18, 2008.

1. because they dont ABUSE drugs.

im pretty sure people considered drug abusers

love the drugs they are using.

it is just a way to associate "drugs" with a negative connotation

by putting the word abuse and drug in the same sentence

sorry guys im so baked.:rolleyes:

2. say if you get a prescription to xanax and you start to up your dose and take it for recreational purposes your abusing that drug cuz it could help if taken the right way but if not it's abuse

does that help? im baked so yea :smoking:

3. Yeah dude I disagree with you. You make a pretty good point, especially for marijuana users and social drinkers and stuff. Like when I was a bowl-a-day smoker I didn't consider myself a "drug abuser," because I did absolutely love doing what I was doing. But when you look at crack cocaine addicts, and lifelong alcoholics who are more drawn physically to their drug than just because they have fun and "love" the drug they're using, then it's "abuse" because they're physically addicted. Sort of pressured into use by withdrawal symptoms.

tcg

4. Yeah, there definitely are people who don't enjoy the drugs their using. Like a lot of people who smoke meth don't even like the high, they are just compelled
    to use more and more. You do have a point, but there are definitely people who don't love the drugs they take as a result of addiction. I personally love fucking weed and all of the drugs I take. (That's just me, though.)

5. Well to the government/law enforcement, the word "abusing" is basically defined as "using recreationally". They just slap a word with negative connotations on there to make it seem worse. Sad, but true.

6. as defined by gateway drug and alcohol rehabilitation center

use- taking drug as prescribed but not necessarily needing it and getting high, or also using drugs/alcohol socially such as only on friday/saturday that kinda thing

abuse-excessive use of a substance, upwards of 2-4 times a week, life doesnt revolve around drug use, is used to get high more often then just on occasion, slight negative effect on life (i.e. start going to school/work late, fighting with family friends, hiding drug use)

addiction- everyday life is based around getting high (you think about it or do it daily), drug use starts drastically affecting life (getting arrested, losing trust from loved ones, losing jobs, etc.) and despite all the negative consequences you continue to use

7. uh theres plenty of people out there who actually do abuse drugs

abuse doesnt just mean physical assault

8. "I ain't no drug abuser. Truth is, I treat my drugs better than most."
    -Oz, Omar White.

9. to me, drug abuse is using a drug to the point beyond reasonable measure.

for instance, outweighing the potential positives with negatives.

someone who smokes pot every day can't necessarily be considered a drug abuser because the chances that they enjoy what they are doing (positive) is much higher then them harming themselves (say irritated lungs).

in the case of a drug like meth... i think that even if the high is enjoyed the damage it does to your body makes it abuse.

10. Government information says theres not drug usage just drug abuse.