Are they ready?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by younggun420, Jan 10, 2015.

1. What's up people? Well I just have a simple question. These three girls are flowering at different rates. One plant has a way bigger cola than the rest. Could anyone let me know if I can harvest them at the same time or not? If they are not ready to harvest, how long would you say I have left for each pic? I can provide better pics if necessary!

1420899706897.jpg
    1420899669305.jpg
    1420899691398.jpg

2. No way to tell except by looking at the trichome color

3. I have a 30x microscope but I have a hard time trying to focus in on those trich heads!

4. Yea you will have to cut a tiny piece of sugar leaf off and sit in on a table to get a good look..almost impossible to see anything otherwise.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. Too early trichomes are best to check, but the pistils still look mainly white. I check trics but checking pistils is how it used to be done and folks still managed to grow some fine herb. You still have a couple weeks, doesn't look like the buds have even began to fatten up either.....be patient

6. #6 killset, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    Scopes take practice. When it gets closer to time, pull a couple small buds and place them on a table. At 1st it always helped me to be able to prop my elbows on the table, plus the plant isn't moving around. It becomes second nature too do right on the plant after a few times. Harvesting in sections helps if top buds are finishing faster, pretty common thing do to light penetration. Harvest the top buds and let more light get to the bottoms for a few days. I've even gone a week or so. I start defoliating pretty good towards the end of its cycle though.

7. Maybe half way there,4 weeks more or so.

8. #8 PatrickXy6dC, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    looks to me like you have awhile for all three.  As said, look at the trichomes. You want cloudy with some amber. I don't even see dark pistles. I know it's hard to wait, but please don't chop too early.  Good luck. They look sativa dom, can take a long time-months.

9. Couple more weeks, at least. I've never had a strain that was ripe before the pistils began to recede, doesn't mean it can't happen but it's not common IME.

• still a ways to go3-4 weeks

10. Thanks for the inputs guys! Would it be a good time to start a water only diet for my girls? I have been using the ff trio to feed them.