are these the right CFL's or am i missing somthing..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by anberlinaddict, Aug 14, 2009.

1. \t\t\t \t\t\tIf these are the really good ones and are the right ones, then my hydro shop is fucking people in the ASS.

This website sells 200watt 6500k or 2700k (veg or bloom) for 66.95$ and you can add the reflector and socket for 35$ more.

http://www.expresslightbulbs.com/com...bulbs-p-2.html

That is 101.95$

Ok So I went into my local hydro shop unfortunatley the ONLY one in my city.. sigh.

and he is charging 140$ for a 200 watt cfl like that one... 38$ JUST for the mogul socket and 37$ for the cheap batwin reflector. thats

215.00$
    rofl.... could get a badass hps light for that much.. what a douchebag.

am I missing somthing.

are these 200w floro 6500k lights ACTUALLY 200 wats... so if I buy 2 of them thats 100 wats per plant right???? am i missing somthing or is 65.95 a normal price for 200 wat lights like this... ?

http://www.expresslightbulbs.com/com...bulbs-p-2.html

how well could i grow 4 plants under 2 of those 200 watt floros ? \t\t

\t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t \t\t\t \t\t\t\t__________________

2. you'd be better off getting 4 -105 watters they are on sale now 2 for under 50 dollars reflectors with cord home depot 8 dollars. i just got mine but they are self ballasted 6500k 500 lumens. all day bro under 200 bucks they work just as well. screw that hydro shop just us em for nutes and soil bring that set up back if you bought if . if you cant oh well it will still work. good luck

3. Yeah dude that one will work fine. Pick pick up a bulb for vegging and for flowering. You could go with a less wattage veg bulb to save some cash.

The guy above is talking about wattage equivalent and small cfl's from home depot. Go with the 200 and you can add those little guys to your set up later on.

4. I don't think they will provide the coverage needed for four plants, even if you tie them down. They look identical to the bulbs I can get at my local shop, 100 bucks with a reflector.

5. buy two online for 4 plants...thats my opinion, but you grow
    get nutes
    if you top with 200w cfls, your grow will be amazing
    happy growing

6. 4 100w will give you more even growing than 2 200W

Distribute the light more along the buds.

7. i am not talking about home depot bulbs they are sunlite sl105/65k bought from grow supply . trust me 4 of these will be way more efficient than 2 200 watts . the ones i have use 105 watts respectively. far from home depot. screw the grow shop! making his pockets thick make it your self ! very rewarding

8. Dude, scroll up... you said they were "500" lumens. A 250 true watt cfl puts out roughly 17,000 lumens.

You must be confused.