Are these seeds in my calyxs?!! (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hempy Goddess, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Are those white things in the calyxs seeds??? I only have 2 plants, both females, checked them repeatedly and was pretty sure they werent hermies but these look like seeds, and they're growing outta most of the calyxs over the whole plant, so.... help?

Attached Files:

2. From what I can see those look like make flowers. I can't see too great on my phone but looks like it to me. Did you do anything different with lighting or something to stress it out?

3. How could it be growing male flowers out of a female bud?

4. Those do look like seeds. Although, it does look like the plant was pollinated. Did you have other plants in with these two?

5. Those are seeds alright...it must have been pollinated by another plant because I see no signs of it being a hermaphrodite.

6. They were with other plants until they were 4 weeks into flower and then I just took 2 females away from the crop to grow in another location

7. Dude that is too long to have males around in flowering. Your plants should have showed their sex within the first two weeks of flowering. At that time you should have removed your males.

8. However, you can still smoke it, you just have to deal with the seeds. Also, when a plant is pollinated, it loses potency, but it will still get you high.

9. Male flowers out of a female bud = hermie.. My bad tho, I told ya I couldn't see great from my phone. Usually the male flowers on a hermie are more yellow than that so I thought it wasn't a hermie.. I just thought there would be no way they could be seeds because you didn't mention there was a possibility of being pollenated. Yeah it's all good though, doesn't look like many.. Still looks like damn good bud!

10. Well they weren't my plants, a friend gave the two females to me, I guess he must have had a hermie in his crop, he must have missed it. I checked mine constantly, I know mine werent hermies.. :( guess ill just start my own instead of his hand outs

11. My friend pulled the seeds out of the plant before... should I do that? or will popping the seeds out of the calyxs hurt the plant or stress it? or will that stop seed production to those areas and continue bud production?? ... kinda new at this.

12. Just let it be, nothing you can do now to make it any better. Anything you do do is likely to have a detrimental effect.
    Do do, haha.

13. lol who knows, just figured i'd ask, not too concerned about this grow, my friend just gave me some extras because he had all new clones and no space but he let them pollinate like an idiot so these plants are crap anyway, gonna just grow my own

14. Let those seed mature. What's done is done.

15. A couple seeds will not affect overall quality too much, but those are definitely seeds splitting their way out.

Like other posters have said, let them mature and keep them, even if it was a hermie the seeds will still work, im growing 7 hermie seeds right now.

16. You got a hermy there mate yes they are seeds in there

17. That sucker is full of seeds. All it takes is a few male flowers even if they were last time around and a fan can knock em up..that's the top and its filled which tells me either it massively hermied , I say massively because I've seen a lot of hermied and usually it ruins everything down low and in the inside where the male sneaks grow. There had to be a male plant that stayed too long near this plant. Sorry I hate to say it but that's seed filled. Doesn't make it useless though. The herb will still be bomb. You just have to deseeed it when you smoke is all

18. ye Don't let the seeds put you off they will not effect the over all quality of the girl let the seeds mature you will have free weed for ages do you know what the strain was that she was in with you might get some nice Hybrids out of the dirty rapist I know it's really terrible when your girl gets deflowered by a sneaky little male And will he pay Child support? Will he fuck lol Stoned again smoking some of my Moby Dick best harvest I ever had and top grade smoke

19. Hermie plant for sure only takes couple of balls to mess the room up. Looks like good quality maybe you got a light leak or other stress on. Or they were pollinated by them other plants they open up within two weeks. Them seeds r only good if they were pollinated if you find signs of hermie it will pass on the hermie trait or so I'm told

20. #20 Richie H, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
    Hermies do not just turn hermie for no reason they usually turn that way if the get over stressed or abused But they will not make the seeds hermie I had the same problem with my first Moby Dick grow The were pollinated by Pineapple Chunk that went hermie on me There was some pollen in my tent even after weeks I got some seeds and they were heavy yields and very dank but that was two differint plants as for hermie seeds of the same plant will very likely not be very good to grow unless you have 100 or more to do test grows with them