Are these plants going to be ok?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ilklike, Aug 18, 2015.

1. These 2 plants have been in veg state since April and are now about 120cm tall. Just recently I have noticed that there are quite a few yellow leaves on the them I have given them some nutrients about half a liter each every 2 weeks formulex which contains 2.29 nitrogen and they are getting 6 or 7 hour full sun. What can I do to stop the yellow leaves? P1010431.JPG
    P1010430.JPG

2. If they've been in those containers for a long time, you're soil is pretty much spent. I would repot into new grow soil. If you've not been measuring and adjusting the pH of water/nute solution, you've probably got root lockup and your plants aren't able to take in nutrients. If this is the case, buy yourself a GOOD QUALITY pH tester pen and a TDS/EC tester pen so you can get an adequate pH reading and measure the concentration of the nutrient solution you're using. Without these two things, you're kind of flying blind as a grower. People will spend 5K on lights and other equipment for their grow, but when it comes to spending $100 on a decent pH and TDS pens, they become hesitant. Since the health of your plant determines the amount of harvest, seems to me like it's a worthy investment. LOL Once I started using these two instruments, I've not had any sick plants. They are all nice and lush and their leaves are stretching up toward the lights...the way they are supposed to. Believe me, it wasn't that way before. LOL I've been growing seriously for around 2 years now and just recently reached the place where I have confidence in what I'm doing. It was a long time coming, but I think I've finally got it figured out. LOL Good luck with your plants. Hope they turn out well for you. TWW

3. Thanks for that info 'the widow white'.
    I am now going through the flowering stage with my 2 girls.
    As this is my first grow I am not sure when to harvest them.
    They have been flowering for 3 months now and I think that they are ready.
    I took some photos of them yesterday I wonder if someone could have a look at them and let me know if it is time to harvest.
    I have put the pictures in a gallery called girls.
    Thanks for any help.

4. If they've been in flower for 3 months, they should be ready to pull. The average time on these plants is 8 to 9 weeks for most strains. Of course, the longer you let them go, the more potent they get generally. You've done well!!!! Congratulations!!! Now harvest those girls and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You do understand how to cure them properly, right? TWW

5. Thanks TWW. I have found a youtube which I am going to follow but if you can give me any pointers that would be appreciated. ILK