Are these early signs of a female

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by daer1303, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Please can someone tell me is this is the signs of pistols from a female??? Plant has been put in flower 7 days ago and these are coming out. It's right at the point that I topped it. OH PLEASE BE SIGNS OF A FEMALE!!!!!!! :) branches are getting real sticky too. Also if it is female can I still take clones off her at this point ?? Thanks check out my other thread for the whole grow journal

Attached Files:

2. It looks like a female to me.

Although, I'm not sure why the branches would get sticky. You'll figure out what sticky is once that bitch starts budding.

3. youre good to go

4. it just through me off with them coming off the side and they started almost before i even through it into 12/12.. anyone else input would be much appreciated. just want to make sure before going and being bloom nutes thanks all

5. The 10 pistils shooting out of the stalk of your plant is all the input you need. I don't think it can be any more clear.

6. But aren't most of those the Stipules? at least thats what I thought. Couldnt be more to finally say her. And is it too late to take clones off her?

7. The two outer growths on the left an right with the hairlike things protruding out are what you want to see. The hairs are the pistils and you definitely have a female.

8. Ya those are female pre flowers. Not a good time to clone it.

9. Thats what I figured. Going to bed a happy camper tonight!

10. You're not totally wrong as I do see a lot of stipule growth; however, there are a few pistils shooting out of the ends. I know a l lot of people that take clones during this time. While some say it stressed the plant out and advise against it, I personally see no problem cloing lower, less developed branches.

11. Awesome definetly going to take a few from her as I heard the skyWalkerOG strain is a good one to have. Specially that this was a seed from a mug from a homegrown plant. Glad to no that the last 2 months weren't waisted time

12. Just flower it. its asking for it. dont take clones now. maybe buy some feminised seeds. plant them right away and u can clone that just as your other ones finishing. then the new one will be about ready to flower

13. I appreciate your opinion haze. but it could save me quite abit of money taking a clone or two off her just to have as a mother plant. There are no buds yet at all on her and it only been 8 days on 12/12. Anybody else have an opinion on this? Thanks

14. yes that looks female, the calyxes do look pretty strange popping out like that. sometimes on larger nodes that is all they will form is just a single set of big calyxes and pistils. as for clones you are perfectly fine to take clones, until about week 2 or 3(after first signs of sex). once the tops of even the lower branches become filled with pistils its getting a bit late, and will take extra time for it to revert back to veg. if you wait too long they will just have retarded looking growth for a few nodes, popping out of the buds, but you can still take clones pretty much any time. its just like revegging a plant after it flowers..takes forever, and most times not worth it.

15. thanks for the info panda def. going to take some clones today

16. just fyi, ive cloned a plant about 3-4 weeks into flower and it came back fine. Just takes a while for the plant to rever tot the veg state.

It is possible if you are trying to save a strain and make a mother.

good luck

17. yup thats the plan. shes been a good easy plant and would love to just keep a mother.