Are there cheap, plastic bongs?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Fenton Mewley, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I saw one that was $20. I am a bit cautious about getting it though. Do any of you think getting it would be a bad idea?

I saw it in a cigar shop. Idk if that means anything.

From the looks of it, it wasn't glass... But my vision was a little off because I was high.

halp?

2. those are made of acrylic. they're very cheap, taste worse than glass, smell, and are difficult to clean. but they what they're intended to do and they're nearly indestructible. I have one for drunken usage. very convenient

3. Smells as in the plasticy smell, or smell from smoking?

I like your location btw. I really dig Modest Mouse.

4. Flames and plastic simply don't match up very well IMO. But they are really cheap, and damn hard to break. They are pretty much the lowest form of bongage you can get, other than plastic bottles and scotch tape.

5. they really absorb that "old bong-water" smell. but they hit fine.

Modest Mouse is one of my favorite bands by far. very solid:smoke:

6. x2
    on both statements

7. Dude I dont mind ripping a 2 foot acrylic with some dank. Thats all my boy has, and I love hitting that thing. Dont get me wrong, my illy is where its at, but the acrylic is just dope.

8. 3 dollar stem and 99 cent juice bottle-

9. yes they are called 'acrylic', not plastic. they can be cheaper in most cases, but depends on what you're buying. you can get a cheap glass bong for maybe 25 - 30 bucks, but you can also get a really good acrylic bong for close to a 100. but most headshops sell cheap small 12" acrylic bongs and bubblers for around 25 bucks or less.

10. i've never thought of that, good idea tbh. i always seem to risk my expensive glass even when im fucking smashed. might go and get me a small acrylic just for this. :smoke:

11. the first night I had it it got knocked over but a drunk dude not paying attention. spilled some water, but didn't even get scratched.

also, to the OP, I'd suggest getting an acrylic piece without a visible seam where 2 parts were joined. I've seen those crack right down the middle. I got mine for $30 and it's thick and durable as fuck. It might be polycarbonate, based on the fact that it's pretty heavy and hasn't stained at all. It can also conveniently double as a billy club. :D

12. Out of the 15 glass pipes and bongs I've had over the years, maybe 5 were broken by drunk homies, and maybe another 5 broken by a drunk me :smoke:

But yeah, acrylic is durable, just hard to cleaaan

13. My first 'bought in the 70's' was an acrylic rainbow looking bong. It was great, and took a ferocious beating before it finally died :)

14. yeah. i had one. sold it though cause i didnt use it much. they work fine and get me just as baked as my glass one. but i used the glass one a lot more. but they are cheap and do a good job. and whats 20 dollars gonna hurt?

15. acrylic bongs are good for one thing, when attatched to a gas mask. :p

16. You don't get the taste of plastic at all, cheap plastic bongs are great. Obviously there are drawbacks that you wouldn't get with a decent bong, but you won't care because you've saved loads of weed money by not buying an expensive bong.