Are there any animals that THC is harmful to?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by collin72000, Sep 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. I was just chilling and suddenly I got a random thought. Are there any animals/ insects in the world, where THC is actually harmful or toxic to them?

2. I mean only the THC, none of the actual plant matter from marijuana.

3. Explain!!

4. You don't get high because thc is an inert substance... You're smoking that plants natural defense system.

5. L
    Ah, I see! Let me rephrase my question though. Are there any animals/ insects that take significant harm from any sort of THC consumption?

6. Depends on amount and size of animal, this is off the Schaffer library of drug policy.

"In summary, enormous doses of Delta 9 THC, All THC and concentrated marihuana extract ingested by mouth were unable to produce death or organ pathology in large mammals but did produce fatalities in smaller rodents due to profound central nervous system depression."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank

8. funny story though, i was able to chill with a fly after hotboxing in my car once, little guy was so stoned i could scoop him onto a piece of paper with my finger, set him on the dashboard, and watch him walk around and stop to look at me every so often. as if to say, "wut. the. fuck. are you this high too?"

Sent from my SM-G925V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Maybe marine life because they live in a different environment. If a volcano of weed went off under water idk if they would even get high. I mean, for buoyancy and all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1