Are the seeds ready to be planted

Discussion in 'General' started by MaryJaneCy, May 5, 2018.

1. IMG_0060.JPG
    Just wondering when the time is to plant them

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I always used to wait til the taproot was about a centimeter. Then gently put into a 3/4in - 1 inch hole in soil taproot facing down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Do they look ready

4. From that pic i'd say another half a day

5. Alright great

6. What’s the benefit of not just playing them to begin with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. you have to germinate them or they won't grow.

8. You don’t have to do this^, there no benefit to it, if anything there’s only more risk of damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wrong...They'll germinate in the soil. You do not have to germinate them in water or a moist paper towel. Cannabis seeds are no different then any other seed. They grow just fine planting directly from the start.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. You can plant the seed whenever you want. You do not have to germinate seeds in a paper towel unless you just want to. I plant mine directly in soil and skip the uneccessary step. Go ahead and plant it. If the tap root grows into the paper towel you could damage it.

11. Exactly mate! Until we genetically modify the seeds to excel in wet paper, this has no benefit, even if it saves a day, it’s a 12 week process. Haha

12. Im 50/50 with tossing the seeds in a cup of water and going straight into the medium. It just depends on my mood and both work fine. Just if you use a paper towel you have to be sure it remains moist.

13. Warm water in a shot glass for me ready for dirt in 24 hrs

14. Straight Into moist dirt for me, just set the temp controller to around 28-30 degrees so they warm up. 99% germ rate since my 2nd grow.

• Informative Informative x 1