Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are the rumors true?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ahsun, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Ive heard from various ppl that when i get the muchies, my bodies metabolism goes up which is why im hungry. So now, can i eat alot without felling guilty cuz my body will burn it away, or is this a bunch of bs...

2. Hmm this makes sense and I really want to beleive it! lol, c'mon somebody, back it up for us!

3. The rumors are wrong. Why do you think people who smoke MJ gain a few pounds? HIV patients use cannabis to gain weight. Just because your mind says your hungry doesn't mean you are.

4. makes sense, guess thats it

5. I don't believe that weed raises your metabolism. However, I've always ate a shitload of food after smokin, ever since i started smoking in the first place. throughout this time, I've maintained a steady weight. but i've prolly ate enough food to total out for 1.5 people instead of just myself. It does seem like i never gain weight from munchies

6. Might raise it a little bit, since your heart does tend to beat a little faster, but not enough that you'll burn off everything you eat, unless you eat, like, one carrot or a few dozen celery.

7. Just eat. Life is short. Your body won't burn it away without proper excerise. So just stay healthy and excerise.

8. Last semester I smoked weed everyday, munchies all the time. Didn't rise above 130.

And I eat like a pig regardless. Could be my fast metabolism

OP: Probably depends on the food.