Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are the flavor of different strains something you learn to taste or quality of the bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by the_tobzster, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Hey guys,
    So I have been thinking about this for a while but, I noticed I never REALLY got the taste and flavor when smoking bud, but recently I feel like I can really taste the flavor and distinguish different strains from others. Is this just depending on how dank the weed is or is this just something you pick up after smoking for a while (I have been smoking for about a year and a half)? Like your taste buds learning the different flavors?

Last night me and my buddy had one of the BEST sessions ever. We first smoked some lemon haze, which had a great citrusy/sour flavor. We then followed it up with some Californian Imported(live in UK) Granddaddy Purple, THIS WAS SOME OF THE FINEST WEED I HAVE EVER SMOKED. Woah, seriously I have heard good things of Cali bud but never thought it would be just THIS good. It had an incredible smell and taste of sweet berries/grape, the high was amazing too, insane couchlock and body stone but I felt as though I could of been very active too. Needless to say I was super baked for a good 2 hours! 

20140210_234853.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. i would say both. im not an expert, but i know the more u take care of ur plants, and if u do what i do, which is not pollinating the weed always seems to taste... fresher? i believe is the word. more of a crisp to it. and yea they say strain always has different tastes. depends on which strain u get.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol and you wanna know the best part? The stuff in that bag doesn't even look like top shelf quality. There is way better bud waiting for you to try it

• Like Like x 1
  4. nonetheless it does look good tho lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 the_tobzster, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014

Naa man the ground up bud in the baggy was just pretty shit reg weed, but the bud on top was proper dank.... Was that not obvious? :)   :poke:

6. #6 I'm Ron Burgundy?, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Nice man sounds like you got some top quality Cali bud.  I have a small nugg left of GDP and it tastes so good :yummy:  As far as the taste, it depends because I've had amazing weed that doesn't taste like much.  I really think it's the genetics...also if you vape or use a wand/bee line you will be able to taste the flavors more.

• Like Like x 1
  7. That's what I'm sayin, there's better stuff than what's on the top. That looks like compressed dank so id probably rank it a 6/10 while the average stuff over here around the west coast(Cali grade stuff) is usually around an 8 or 9. So yes there's better than that stuff haha. Damn I wish I could send the weed we get around the world so everyone could get a taste lol

8. That's what I'm sayin, there's better stuff than what's on the top. That looks like compressed dank so id probably rank it a 6/10 while the average stuff over here around the west coast(Cali grade stuff) is usually around an 8 or 9. So yes there's better than that stuff haha. Damn I wish I could send the weed we get around the world so everyone could get a taste lol

9. Woops didn't mean to double post and meant to quote op lol

• Like Like x 1
    Were you stoned? haha ;)