Are pizza delivery jobs really that bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by BlazingZombiess, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Ummmm. Not that dangerous anymore. It used to be, but they started not letting drivers carry more than 20$ in cash or in a lock-box.. Don't really think people will risk a felony for 20 dollars. If they are stupid enough though then, just let em have it and call the cops big whoop. As for pay, it's pretty sweet at least so I've heard. My buddy can make 40+ an hour and is chilling in his car most the time. Get to meet people and some tip you with bong hits. You get paid with tips so if you're a good/fast driver it's probably an ideal starter job.

It all depends on location though. You live in the ghetto you might get in some trouble. Really though.. Who would rob a pizza guy?

2. I delivered for three years after high school on a bad part of town.

I had two coworkers get robbed, one got knocked out when he was robbed.

There were times it was dangerous, and if it seemed sketchy I always carried a weapon of some type. I made decent money, and it was mostly driving around listening to music.

3. Do you really want to work as a fucking pizza delivery guy? Holy fuck that's just one hair above McDonalds.

4. Forget college , I'm going to deliver pizza ! Wooooh !

5. Delivering pizza is so chill. I loved it. Was good money too. All the drivers smoke weed. I was never worried about getting robbed and half the houses I delivered to were in bad neighborhoods.

6. If you deliver pizzas do you need a sign on your car that say dominos or something ?

7. I knew these guys a while back who were pretty hood and they said they ordered pizza and tried to rob him and the pizza man shot at them .

8. It's not really dangerous but that's completely depending on where you live. It's just annoying and hard work. But sometimes you get mad tips

9. Do it if you deliver to wealthy areas... Do it if it is family owned and not franchise. Dont do it in the ghetto

10. youve obviously never delivered pizza before, because it isnt. not even close. driving around, smoking joints, and making buku tip money beats flipping burgers & sliding them into greasy plastic drawers any day. showing up to college parties with food is the best, its like every drunk kid wants to hand the delivery guy 5 bucks for a tip. its a great job to have when your 20 years old and going to school full time. your opinion is completely illogical.

besides, if someone wants to talk shit to you while your delivering, you can just say "okay, fuck you" and walk away without giving them their food (cant do that at mcdonalds). call the boss right away, say the dude was drunk & had no money. problem solved. ive done it before.

one kid tried to be funny one time in front of his friends and went "oh, heres your tip," and tried handing me two handfulls of pennies with a shit-eating smirk on his face. i put up my hands like i was going to take it, but instead smacked his hands and pennies went flying all over this kid's house. i just walked away while he stood there dumbfounded. pretty funny.

as for dangerous, it depends on where you are delivering to. delivering to the inner city can become problematic, but if you are street smart you most likely wont run into any trouble. if its a new address in a bad neighborhood, do a drive by of the house first. look for signs of people actually living there. so many of my old co-workers were robbed before (at gunpoint) delivering to a set-up at a vacant house.

than other times, shit just happens in broad daylight & its unavoidable. another one of my co-workers was robbed at gunpoint delivering to a student apartment complex....this group of guys were just standing in the hallway when we walked up, put a gun to his head and took the food, money, and his cell phone. its shitty and completely unavoidable, but it happens. luckily ive never been robbed before...ive gotten jumped delivering pizza once, but got away with the money & food.

i dont deliver anymore....it was fun, and i enjoyed the $300 i received on weekend nights in tips (about $150 during the week).....and that doesnt include the $6.50 i received per hour for wages. definitely a good gig. i wouldnt recommend it as a career choice, but that would be my second choice as a extra quick cash job (bartender would be first).

edit: i never used the sign on my car, thats like telling everyone in the neighborhood "hey! i have money! rob me!" the upside to the sign (a.k.a. zoom zoom box) is that the cops know your working delivering pizzas, and give you leniency on the road.

11. one of my favorite jobs ive ever had by far! weed/spending money every night! but i got fired because i couldnt find a address :(

12. Lol my step dad went from a professinol grade welder got layed off my younger sisters friends dad offered him a job since he was a regular at the pizza joint they work at..

He loves it you get to smoke weed, sometimes people offer to sell ya some smoke or chill and have a dube, he had some sketchy situation but you'd have to be a big fucking idiot to try him.

Fun job he says not his favorite but it does beat working at fast food.

I'd try it out but no license.....it got taken :mad:

13. there were alot of customers that almost got cussed the fuck out,punched, or special ingredients added to their pizza. some of them did ;)

14. Will you be delivering said pizza's to Somalia? If not I really doubt its one of the top 10 most dangerous jobs.

15. [quote name='"aznno0odles"']one of my favorite jobs ive ever had by far! weed/spending money every night! but i got fired because i couldnt find a address :([/quote]

Lol thats what id be worried about lol..... I could totally see myself doing this.... Do they just give you the address and let you figure it out by yourself?

16. [quote name='"BlazingZombiess"']

Lol thats what id be worried about lol..... I could totally see myself doing this.... Do they just give you the address and let you figure it out by yourself?[/quote]

Naa man. They usually have a big map on the wall.. But nowadays everyone has a GPS in one form or another.. Where you gonna work at?

17. Nah as long as you conceal a weapon you should be fine!

18. [quote name='"Easy Going"']

Naa man. They usually have a big map on the wall.. But nowadays everyone has a GPS in one form or another.. Where you gonna work at?[/quote]

I had an interview today for a local place, and another for Round Table. But the round table is in a very "unsafe" area, so i was sketch about going to the interview. But a jobs definetly a job.

19. [quote name='"matik1"']Nah as long as you conceal a weapon you should be fine![/quote]

What if theres like 3 or 4 people.... Lol