Are My Trichomes Ready?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by goombah111, Mar 6, 2018.

1. #1 goombah111, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    its been about 11 weeks since i was able to tell the gender of my plants. ive been doin 12/12. i did 24h light for 4 weeks before switching to flowering and its been 12 weeks since the first hairs.

i feel it should be done by now, i but i dont see many amber trichomes. i hear 15-50% amber before harvest. i want to harvest it now, but im not sure if it would be a bad idea.

posting pics below will edit in video soon

EDIT:

Attached Files:

2. Lotsa clear there. Not sure who you are growing for, but 50% amber is a bit ripe. Stick with the 15% as it will continue to turn a bit after you chop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. It’s personal preference but looks pretty good to me.

Ez

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. If it's a sativa they don't always turn amber, indica cut around 15% amber

5. Flush it for a couple days and watch the color change .. harvest when your ready.

6. thank you everyone for your responses. im gonna chop it down this sunday.

i just flush by running room temp tap water through the pot till it goes clear. thats good enough right?

7. I usually fill up about 4 milk bottles and leave them sitting there untill I use them

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

8. #8 uspotgrowers, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    The more water you can flush threw , the better tasting buds you will have.

When you smoke your bud in a pipe , if the ash is fluffy , white and burnt all the way threw the plant was flushed really good.

When you smoke your bud in your pipe and it don’t burn all the way threw , taste like shit them last hits , and leaves a black thick tar like ash , means it was not flushed properly and that’s the remaining nutes in the plant.

9. I just give strait water for a week and I don’t water more than I usually do so a gallon a day for a week. But I grow in coco. What are you in soil, coco, or hydro.

10. i grow in miracle grow soil. no added nutes this time cause i didnt care.
    i gave it straight water its whole life.

i ran water through it for 4 hours on a slow drip. it was coming out clear for a long time. it should be flushed. its been a couple weeks since i did that. gonna chop it down soon.

View attachment 2417595

11. If you flushed for 4 hours , let it dry out a couple days and rewater again after it dries out should be good to go. You have to give the plant time to use the water only and the remainder of the nutes in its system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Srry , iam in promix .

13. gonna do it tomorow maybe. or maybe next sunday if things dont work out.