Are my seeds DOOMED?!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by everblazing, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Hey guys,
    I recently bought 10 "Bazooka" strain seed and germinated 4 of them. When the root was about 1/4" long I transplanted then into soil, but I think I added to much water. Long story short, after 4 days they still havent come up, so I dug them up and saw that they didnt grow at all since they were planted and the tips of the root were starting to get a little mushy. I transplanted them into new "dryer" soil hoping that it is not too late. Most of the root still looks good, but I am afraid that my seeds wont have enough strength to recuperate. Are my seeds doomed?
    Thanks in advance

2. HIGH All, did you do All of them? I think they are doomed..too much water, digging them up which is a no no.

When I do seeders I prewet the soil and then put the seeder in....then it grows on top of my Floro for heat...I find having a little heat on the bottom (of the pot) helps the seeder start O.F.F.F. better.

3. Thanks Unoit,
    I am going to wait 2 days and if nothing happens, I'll start germinating some more seeds.

4. Yeah it better to pre-water the soil and get it nice and damp, then plant your seeds about an inch from the top of the soil, rather than planting the seeds and then watering them. I plant my seeds and watered them and all of mine sprouted but its better to pre water first.

5. Turns out they were DOOMED. They are all dead (R.I.P.) I am going to start some more today. I hope they turn out better. Thanks for the posts guys