Are my seedlings in trouble?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Ohitsme, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Hi all.
    My seedlings sprouted almost a week and a half ago. They are currently growing in a spare closet. I sprouted them in rapid rooters and transplanted them into a coco and perlite mixture. There's a fan in the closet and I'm using CFL's to light them. I recently put in a humidifier because the humidity has been dropping really low. Temp has been 77 - 82 degrees.

When I transplanted them they were only showing a little root out from the RR. I soaked the medium and put her in a poured a little water around the edges where the rooter met coco. Did I just overwater? It's been 2 days now and her leaves are drooping and there's slight yellowing at the tips now. Am I overreacting or is the a problem I need to address asap?

Attached Files:

2. dont give up just yet they look alright .

3. I was just wondering because before I put them into the coco the leaves didn't droop at all and seemed full of life.

4. any updates? how is it doing?
    did you rehydrate your own coco? if so was your coco washed properly? if not the coco could leach out alot of sodium, if it was a premade mix though theres a 99.9% chance the coco was already prewashed
    that red stem though is usually only found on the stems of fan leaves when the plant is larger either because of genetics or the plant is hungry for something, for example a plant can be vibrant green all across and if not fed for over a week a pink to purple hue will develop on the stems indicating its hungry
    tldr/imo
    i think its just too wet and may already be hungry for some nutes or may have gotten too much nutes from the RR cube and might be on a bit of a lockout

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Ohitsme, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    There hasn't been any change. 3 outta 5 still droop.I soaked the bricks of coco myself and rinsed it a few times. About 5. I'm hoping I rinsed it enough but from what you're saying I may not have. I don't think I overwatered it. The cups got light and dry the other day so I put a little water in the cup and bottom watered them yesterday. If there was still salt in the coco what can I do? Flush it a few times and hope my plants can deal with being overwatered for another few days? Could it want nutes at this early of a stage? Thanks.

Edit: I didn't have a ppm meter at the time but have one now. I may have gotten impatient and didn't let it fully drain before continuing the rinse.
    Edit: flushed the solo cups 5 times because seedlings have all the nutes it needs to get started already and I figured a completely flushed coco was alright. Did I flush too much? I may still be overthinking everything since I am being lead to believe that there might be salt deposits in a coco mix I've flushed 5 times.