Are my plants sick?? Update looks worse

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by limpy L, Sep 19, 2013.

1. About a week ago I posted that my ladies were looking bad.. I was told to redirect air movement on her. I did that and only have a 6" fan blowing across it from 2 feet away.. I transplanted from 1gl to a 5gl. I watered her with 1 gl ro h2o with I once liquid compost. In FF OF. ph On runoff was 5.4 because of new soil. no nutes have been given yet. Below are the pics from a week ago from today.

Attached Files:

2. Bump.. Please help the leaves are looking worse everyday

3. Your plants looks thirsty. It might also be because of high temperature. Try to keep the ph around 6.5.

4. I use a moisture gauge and it shows there is water.. Should I still water?? It has been 7 days. I am worried but it still shows moisture. For the ph every time I use fresh soil my ph is always 5.2-5.6 every single time.. I thought that was expected

5. It always kinda a little moisture in the soil. What you should do is to put your finger a inch into the soil, if it the soil is dry on top you should water them. I recommend you to up value your ph. Usually the tap water have higher ph.

6. Raise that ph

7. Its your pH. Its causing slow uptake of phosphorus. It will result in stunted growth...of roots and foliage.

Get it in range.

The bronze spots are probably calcium...calcium and other positively charged ions will bind to form compounds which the plant is unable to use near your pH. Phosphorus and potassium are the first to be affected.

8. Thank you.. I am using ph up to 7.6 and will check the run off..

When transplanting into fresh FF OF is it typical for ph to be low?

9. I watered with ro with 1 ounce Foxfarm big bloom. Ph was after mixing and waited 2 hours ph of h2o was 7.6 my runoff was 5.2!!! What do you all suggest??

10. I had a rough time with fox farm products.  If you're interested you could look thru the organics section for inthegarden's soil recipe. It's water only and I have had fantastic results.

11. That would suck I just bought $200 worth..

What ways and I safely up my ph 1.5??

12. I told you to mix out with tap water, tap water have usually higher ph value.

13. What are you using to test the PH?

14. Ph electric meter..

I am on well water.. So very high in iron..

15. You mean a digital PH meter? Ocean Forest soil tends to run a little low on the PH for a couple of weeks at first but usualy levels out around 6.5 for me with just regular waterings at 6.5. I water or feed till I have about 20% of the total amount of nute mix or water as run off, this is helpful when using chemical based nutes to help reduce salts that build up in the soil from the nutes.

16. That is correct on the meter.

17. #17 tplat, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
    Did you calibrate it recently? Your PH is awfully low and from my experience with ocean Forest is that it tends to run a little low on the PH for about 2 weeks but I`ve never had a PH reading that low when watering with tap water that sat out for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine and our tap water has a consistent PH of 7.2-7.3. Some meters recommend weekly calibrations and some monthly. Also what size of grow pot are you using and how much water are you giving them and how much run off are you getting?

18. I use ro water. Out of the tank the ph is around 5.6. I have to use ph up.. I use 7.0 and calibrate every time before I use it. I just transplanted them into a 5 gallon paint bucket. I water 1 gallon. For the run off I am not too sure.. I would guess 20-30%

19. I always do a two point calibration with the 4.0 and 7.0. That way its calibrated for both lower end and higher end of PH readings. What brand of PH meter you have?

20. Milwaukee pH600 pH Meter Pen