Are my plants on track or behind?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bin1der, Jun 7, 2017.

1. So this is my first grow and I'm 4 and half weeks in to flower. I'm not sure if my plants are looking as if they are 4 and half weeks into flower or am I just an idiot? Lol [​IMG][​IMG]Any help appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You just need more light my bro, poor node tightness and under developed bud growth. Cfls are great for veg but no good for flower unless you have atleast 200 true watts mixed spectrum

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a 125w CFL duel spectrum and a 40w CFL plus another 32w led coming this week

4. Are those equivalents or true watts though

5. #5 Bin1der, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
    That is what is says on the box the equivalent is nothing to go by nor is watts in general, I simply take the lumen count which all in all is about 10,000 within my Grow room

6. They look like they're coming on fine for a CFL grow. They look healthy, keep doing what you're doing for now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Really what I needed to hear lol appreciated mate thanks! Will show finish product on this thread for those who wonder or care lol

8. Yeah show us the result when it's done! There will always be people who say "You could have got 10x more if only you had a proper 1000w HPS system with air-cooled hoods", but other people are happy with 1-2oz of their own homegrown weed :)

With your new lights added, you've got a decent amount actually. The best way to step-up your next grow will be to use a simple scrog or even just top them once or twice and do a little LST. It will mean the veg time is longer, but you could double your yield with the same setup.

9. Yeah man I will for sure got around 4-6 weeks before harvest so will keep updated! And this is very true many in here with that thaught process however what people fail to realise is your right 1 I have limited funds 2 I'm not looking to crop pablo Escobar sizes of the stuff I just simply want a clean homemade smoke! As for topping and lst I can't wait for next Grow to start doing it really wanted to on my first but couldn't bring myself to it lol but now I have found my feet with growing will be defo using those exact techniques

10. Im trying to escobar the shit outa it

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lumens don't really mean anything. True wattage is what you should be going by for cfls until you get your Led than learn PAR. These are 12 days in flower just so you can compare. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Day 18 of flower 1496866219865.jpg

13. Why ur plant so naked nice

14. Just growing golf balls instead

15. Yea i know mine are too bushy and going to get chopped sunday but damn your gonna run outa leaves at the end trimming should be ez

16. Yeah if you lollipop from like the 3rd or the 4th node down, it focuses all of the energy to the tops as opposed to growing big ol colas. In the end I'll have like 24 7 gram golf balls

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh yeah I also do this method because I don't have any central air at my house and I live on the beach so humidity can be a bitch, this allows for more airflow in my canopy. I probably won't defoliate much anymore throughout the grow, maybe just once or twice more toward the end.

18. Actually watt is only a measurement of power used by the light, lumens are the measurement in which the power of light is I suggest you read up about watts and power as you have it backwards

19. Your halfway there my friend. Lumens aren't a good way to measure light efficiency as it takes no account to the type of light or spectrum.

You're right, wattage is a measure of electrical consumption, that is all, however if your talking about wattage of bulbs and the ratio of the amount of light given off by a certain type of bulb to the wattage it consumes is somewhat predictable so sometimes we talk about wattage as a general rule to gram ratio.

Lumens are a measure of light intensity at a fixed distance of one foot on a fixed area of on sq ft. Furthermore lumens measure only certain (visible to humans) frequencies of light, not the frequencies or spectrum absorbed by plants (red,blue,green, ir, uv, etc.) Lumens is getting closer to the concept but in reality lumens is a standardized measure for comparing different bulbs not light intensities. For example a 10,000 lumens bulb is still 10,000 lumens whether it's a ft away or half a ft. But as you clearly know, light intensity is inversely related to the square of the distance, so moving the light half the distance closer increases the light intensity 4 fold. A good rule of thumb is 100 true watts per plant. That's the shortcut I'm talking about, and if you use that rule when applying hps/mh/cmh/led lighting, then your actual light intensity will be good. Most cfls are less efficient than the former at converting watts into light, so you want a higher wattage when using cfls and most definitely want to look at actual watts...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wow another person who understands light diminishes the further away it is. Also lumens outpit of a light is often a 360° output value so unless you can reflect it all down in which you lose some then you get good idea also if its behind glass easy 10% loss

• Like Like x 2