Are My Plants Doing Okay? Please Help, First Time Grow.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DarkZeta777, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Okie dokie...I have never grown Cannabis before, and I started because I need money for a new car. My friend came to me with a single seed and I thought "Why not?" I planted it and it became a beautiful little sprout really quick. Then he comes to me with like 6 more seeds, I planted 2 of them and they are currently struggling I am sure of it. Please please take a look and give me a diagnoses, I know very little about this trade, but I am learning. Constructive criticism is appreciated. HELP ME OOOT!
    (sorry for the quality of pics, they were taken with my phone, i will take better ones soon. photo 1.JPG
    The plastic wrap is for the water to stay inside the cup (im sure you knew :3)
    photo 3.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    photo_11.JPG
    photo 2.JPG  
    photo_31.JPG
    photo_41.JPG
    photo_21.JPG

2. one of duh seedlings looks virusessed

3. #3 smokeymcdoodles, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
    let them dry...seedlings need the wax coating. I hear ya on humidity helps but thats only if its REALLY dry and REALY hot.  
    also chill out with the watering and ADD perlite please. What soil do u have them in?

4. I have them in miraclegro potting soil, my larger plant loves it, but there might be a little to much fert in it for the seedlings.

5. #5 Killa Watt, Mar 21, 2015
    Take the plastic wrap off immediately dude

all you are doing is trapping watering and culturing fungus that will harm your plant

cannabis is not meant to endure saturated soil for long periods

I can already see fungal leaf spot on the seedling

6. I started my first plant in MG. Never again, to much nitrogen, you will probably end up toxic, it also compresses way to much with watering. Switch to a different soil when you transplant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 DarkZeta777, Mar 21, 2015
    Okay, I removed the plastic just now and we shall see what happens.
    Does cannabis prefer less water than other plants? I just assumed it grew better with more because it requires more nutrients than most plants. Again, first time grow, I know very little.

8. Remove that wrap, it will only encourage 'damping off' ...even better return the plants to your buddy let him grow them
    as you buy proper seeds from attitude or herbies ...?

as partnerships at this level never work! ..besides is a nice surprise for your friend?

9. The seeds did look a bit immiture, but I got them for free. I am planning on selling one of the seedlings, but I'm keeping the big one, it just hit a growth spurt and it's doing great. I'm not even going to use any of the product I don't think, I just need a hobby and some funds. If I really get into this, I will deff buy some professional seeds. Thanks for the input btw guys! Question, where does the fungus tend to manafest? The leafs themselves or in the roots?

10. its the ammoniacal nitrogen that i think is insoluble thats the killer

SO no miracle grow...for tomato or whatever its fine

also the feel the soil with your finger just adds contaminate. A plant that size only needs drops of water every two days. Literally drops

You can keep the domes on but you gotta know what you are doing. Also you have to ventilate the domes daily or more than that...

So, overwatering is a big problem with beginners and miracle grow or really any soil u can buy is too strong for small plants. This is why we mix a lot of perlite and vermiculite to cut the soil nitrogen. Other plants arent as touchy to nutes in the beginning as pot is

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427318589.891922.jpg

WHAT IS HAPPEN? HALP! I think Is under water but is also something else!!! Heeeeelp is yellowing ALOT

12. I've tried to type a response three times and each time it got delete, so feel free to message me im a new grower too but you need to go to a indoor/hydro garden store. They have stuff for outdoor indoor and hydro. Most of them grow weed, so ask questions and hint at what your growing (not creepily) you need to get new soil and transplant your plant immediately, also buy a SmartPots they are special pots that make it so your plant won't get root bound, and die. I know your on a budget but this should only be like 30 buck. Trust me it could save everything. I have other theories but like I said I've typed this like three time and each time they've been the size of bibles. Hope I helped.
    P.S. discoloration can come from over watering...only water when your soil looks really dry (but not cracking, that's deathly)

13. Okay, smart pots. And new medium. I shall invest in these IMMEDIATELY.