Are my lights too far?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by primatime, Aug 28, 2017.

1. I went to the hardware store today and got a couple clamp lamps for my CFLS along with splitters. There are 4x13w 'Natural Daylight' (5000K) bulbs on one plant , but my question is whether or not they are too far from my plant? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Way too far keep them like 6"

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hows this? I ditched the reflectors so i could have the lights closer together since they werent allowing all the lights to be directly overhead. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. These bulbs are relatively low power. So ya you want them as close as you can without the leaves touching.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Long as the bulb is not burning your hand it will be okay for the plant.. do a little heat test, but yeah that's way better now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wouldnt it be 240w total? Isnt that more than the rule of thumb for one plant?

7. Yes that's perfect! Mine are even closer hha. And don't go by the "equivalent wattage". My cfl's are 150 watt equivelent but only 43 true watts

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 240watts lmao bro I told ya before the equivalent is a useless rating when growing. You only want to know the wattage the bulb consumes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nope..What ya smokin?? (LOL) maybe 4x13=52 watts???

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Theyre 60w each 13w equiv, same principle?

11. Backwards maybe..60w equiv and 13w actual..!;)

12. Still learning haha cut me some slack

• Like Like x 2
  13. Right. So in that case would i go with 4 100/23?

14. The more the better..but you got it now..
    I used daylight for veg and later warm white during flower..BUT,,CFLs still are a weak choice..
    Watch for open box 300w "full spectrum" LEDs at Amazon
    ..(like maybe about 125w actual)..I got a 300w dimmable open box for about $45 (missing power cord, and I had a bunch in my home)..
    I collect LEDs..Now have 5 in my lil collection with one on eht way..LMAO
    Also there are a bunch of no name ones on Ebay..cheap as hell!!

15. All i have other than these CFLs is my 150w HPS which ive been convinced is useless during veg so im looking into other options for veg lighting without having to go and buy a whole new lamp and let the one i bought forever be wasted money haha EDIT: I actually have one single 23w cfl but i believe its warm and not bright. Swap? No swap?

16. HPS is great for flower..;)

17. Who said that man? It's gonna give a lot more power than those 2 lights bulbs put together !

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just take a look at my post about getting my lamp lol im afraid to use the HPS because my temperatures arent really consistent right now. Having no AC really is a bitch and i cant afford to buy a portable. I really dont want another fan cause the one i have running is loud enough as it is

19. I remember now..

• Like Like x 1