Are my girls okay?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sprockets, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Hey guys,

Do my sprouts look healthy?

Attached Files:

2. cant even see the one on the top right buddy

3. Yeah she hasnt sprouted yet but I mean the other three.

4. Yea they look fine

5. Ok one question though, I am using a febreeze bottle I had to water them now I have for two days, I cleaned it out really well, anti-bacterial soap and lots of rinsing the tube and what not, the bottle still kind of smell febreezey but otehr than that should it be fine?

Also I was thinking that i should get them nutes in about 2 1.2 - 3 weeks, futhermore is there a good cheap ph tester I can use to test the water and soil, i have one for nutes and soil buyt I dont really trust it, it was 20 bucks at home depot.

Last: I got some "lime" also from home depot How shuld I use this, and what products are best for add nutrients. I also have Miracle-Gro Perlite, is this really bad it does have "plant food" in it, I was thinking if it is bad to get different perlite before transplant, I was also thinking of using less than a gallon pots but pretty close to a gallon, would this be enough for a Top 44 that was about 2 feet tall?

Also: Does anyone know of a good begininers guide to trimming these guys if they get bigger, i want to keep them about 2 feet tall max, the strain is Top 44.

Thanks, Guys.

6. Why risk using a possibly contaminated bottle when you can go to Walmart/Target and pick up a generic spray bottle for $1 ?

As for keeping your plant short -- check out the sticky threads on Trimming/Fimming and LST (Low Stress Training).

7. I hate when people start grows without even having everything they need. man you need to get a ph tester for like $5, a squwirt bottle for like $2 some pots for your pot ;) for like $5, a dome or grow room with the right temp and humidity $50 to $200, some food $50, clippers $5, fans $20, light timer $10, you have lights right? if not HPS for flowering $100, ballest $100 (used) reflector $100

that should do it untill you know if your going to be a grower or not

8. I do have a PH tester that cost 20 dollars I just dont really trust it but it is giving the right readings.

I have a 150W HPS Flurolux Light for 3 plants, going to add another 400W HPS later when I get the money.

I ordered a small grow tent it just hasnt arrived yet, yes I know I should have gotten a bottle, and I have ceased to use it, I am just not misting at the moment until I get a chance to go buy a better spray bottle. As for food, well I havnt gotten food yet because I have been told you wait until 3 weeks into sprout to give it some nutes???

As for fans, i have two sunyons 120CFMs that are going to be connected to ducing out of the exhaust port of the tent. Later on I am going to replace the 2X120CFM fans with 1 90CFM Extractor fan w/Carbon Filter. and have a 25-30 CFM for intake.

Does that sound good enough?

99%% of this stuffi s ordered it just takes a very long time for delivery where i ordered from. I do however have the lights, pots, fans etc.

Tent will be here shortly.

9. this is the part on sprockets where vie dance!!!!!

10. vanna touch my monkey?

11. Ich leibe mein monkey!

12. Dude I got this one on ebay and I love it. It works great. Alot better than that junk at HD or Walmart. It cost me $42 with shipping and a 3pk of test fluid

http://hannainst.com/usa/prods2.cfm?id=002003&ProdCode=HI 98103

Make sure to get calibrating fluid as well. They say they are set but mine was off a bit and I have had to recalibrate it once after about 6 uses.

13. Yeah right now im hurting for cash (just got out of the Army) and yes honorably didnt smoke ganja in the service.

But when I get my income right I am def buying one of those, thanks for the link bro. Do you know of a good inline extractor fan w/ carbon filter. The one im looking at is 150 bucks and i dont really want to spend that much, but I really want quality so i am def not risking smell with DIY.

Thanks guys for all the information and stuff this board owns.

14. I would consider taking that fan and connecting it to a Activated Grandular Carbon Filter or whatever it is called.

Thanks for the link again bro.
    '
    Hopefull I can manage to get these babies going and harvest maybe 1oz - 9oz who knows.

Ill do what ih ave to in terms of paying more money for lighting if i have to for 3 plants ina very confined place I think 150 might get me some decent yeilds. but im thinking of using hte 150w as a seed/veg light and then get a 400-1000w hps for flowering etc.

15. I've seen $100-150 carbon filters, trust me, a diy is just as good or better. Search the threads, I know there are some really good quality diy ideas.

I have a squirrel cage fan, mounted to a crawlspace door. I bought a pack of 6 filters for about $10 at WalMart. The only time I have trouble with smell, is harvest time, and that is just during trimming.

My wife has oil warmers, for when we toke, or I'm trimming. You put a little oil in the top, a candle goes underneath, and they are fucking strong. I have over 1800 sq. ft on the main level of my house, and just 1 of those things will cover it all.

Thanks for your your service.
    My son is in the Marines, stationed at Cherry Point.

16. Thats what I did. I used CFL's for as long as possible, but I know the plants needed more and the growth suffered a bit. I needed to veg about 2 weeks longer to get to the height/size I wanted them to be at when I switched them to flower. By then I was able to get a 400w HPS with a MH conversion bulb for my next grow. I am a month into vegging (on 6/23) and they are looking pretty good IMO for a 1st timer. They arent as good looking as say, Hashmoufs stuff but they are ok. I grow just for myself for medical reasons. Thats what got me to this forum. I really learned alot and am already looking forward to next time! lol!