Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are knife hits worth the hype?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fbhd, Jan 28, 2016.

1. I see all these you tubers doing knife hits saying it's the highest you can get with herb. Just wondering if I should give it a shot.

2. Knife hits are dangerous and not that much better than smoking, get a herb iron or vape and do it properly if you want to conserve herb.

3. it's a complete waste

4. Watch your lips !

5. They are very good if you only have a little bud, but it's better to do knife hits with someone else, it's easier.

6. I've done it, it fucking sucked. It's also less efficient than say just taking a similar sized bong rip.

7. You're basically dabbing with weed. If you do it right, it's fairly effective. Done wrong, it's a complete waste.

8. Hm?! Never heard of smoking flower this way until now. Must read up more on it, BUT as from what I can gather so far it seems like it'd be hard to get a real big rip; so it may be better to just stick to le ole bong.

9. do it, it's part of the learning curve.

10. It's funny you bring these up, man, I was just thinking the other night about how the good 'ole knife hit isn't really much of a thing anymore. When I first got heavily into smokin' ganja around 2007-2008-ish, knife hits were a very common thing at parties, not just within my group of friends, but anywhere in my area. Especially downriver, near the colleges. It was also the thing to do if you happened to be critically low on bud, and not a heavy stoner I knew wouldn't profess that to me at some point. I myself liked a couple every once in a while, especially whilst drinking/drunk at some homie's get-together. I would advise beforehand that they, when done right, are incredibly big, harsh, and throat-shredding. Be ready to chug some cold water, fam, because blasting one to the face has made more than a few people I was choochin' with vomit on the spot.
    As for it getting you higher than anything else, I would say not. It does get you pretttty fuckin' high, but I wouldn't exactly place it at the tippy top. I feel like it's somewhat comparable to how you have the immediate effects of a gravity bong hit, just in a much drier, ghetto, form. I've also watched motherfuckers imbibe one of them fucks to the dome and fall the fuck over. Almost hit their head on shit. I would also lend a little bit of cred to the notion that they can make the most out of a little bit of weed left, in the sense that you will get much more baked in one sitting than sifting slowly through a last bowl in your spoon. Like I said, I'd try one, if you're careful, it'll be quite enjoyable. Happy smoking, and good vibes!

jah!/*d$*[​IMG]

11. You don't need a big rip, which is why it's good if you don't have much weed. Watch CustomGrow420's video on knife hits, he tells a story about how he's passed out doing them (which is why you should do it with someone)

12. Word, my man. Going to be looking into that ASAP, thanks for the bit of info. on it!

13. seems a bit of a waste to be honest, stick with bongs and joints and things that are designed to be smoked from.

14. never realized there was any hype to begin with lol

knife hits are great way to get high if done right. Some dry herb, 2 hot knives, and an empty soda bottle with the bottom half cut off is how i do it.

these days i only do it with hash and resin.

it gets me baked for sure, faster and with less herb.

15. Don't do it, OP. Because then you'll find out what it's all about and won't be able to post more questions about it.

16. I did a knife hit once with some press keif a while back and it’s nothing special. I would recommend for the knife you use a waxin dab tool by skilletools it’s got a good surface and is better for the heat than most butter knives.

17. Never understood what's the point... sounds like something a crackhead would do