Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Are Gravity bongs any good?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Vallak, Oct 1, 2011.

1. i heard gravity bongs are cool to toke with but someone told me that stale smoke is less potent and tastes like crap could anyone tell me if i should stick to my pipe

2. Yes, they're great. Not very convenient, but they get the job done well. The smoke doesn't go stale, unless it's sitting in the bottle/chamber for more than a minute or so, which it shouldn't be in the first place. I find that gravities also conserve more bud, since you just pack a hit in every time. I do it that way at least.

3. ^Agree with that guy.

4. what about the taste?

5. gravity bongs can result in massive rips, which is the point. Yes. they are good. Who hasn't used their sink and a two liter bottle when the time called?

6. theyre more of a novelty, great every once in a while, but i wouldnt use a gib as a daily driver

7. [quote name='"Vallak"']

what about the taste?[/quote]

As with any method of smoking, that depends on the bud. As long as you hit it right away and don't allow the smoke to go stale, it'll taste fine. Although, if you've never used one before, you'll most likely be coughing too hard to notice how it tastes.

8. well i guess im going to try it out thanks m8's but i doubt its gona replace my everyday ritual with my trusty pipe

9. Lol when in I saw the title I had a flashback to the first time me and my buddies used a gravity bong and my friend said it wouldnt work...10 minz later were choking on all the smoke in his bathroom ahh good times:bongin:

So in one word yes.

10. Honestly, I don't taste much when I hit the gravity. I just take the monstrous hit. It doesn't taste bad by any means, but it might if you're smoking reggies. As a matter of fact, don't smoke reggies out of a gravity. It'll taste like shit.

11. The stale smoke is not an issue unless you use something like this:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT9rPrVQbtc]THIS IS A RIDICULOUSLY SIZED BUCKET BONG! - YouTube[/ame]
    Otherwise a 2L bottle should be able to be cleared before it goes too stale.
    I find anything more then a minute or two and the taste starts to be noticeable.

12. i LOL'd

13. Yes they can be awesome. Provided they are made right.

14. That thing is fucking ridiculous. I find the large size gatorade or vitamin water bottles to be perfect. I also wouldn't use foil as that will really mess with the taste.

15. hahaha Mastahroller

"Cause I'm about to get FUCKED!"

16. Wooooooooooooooooo yeaaaah

17. where the fuck is my lighter

18. They're the best.

19. lol did you just take a hit? i bet your baked as fuck. so am i. :devious:

20. gravity bongs are the SHIIIT.
    enjoy.