Ardent Decarboxylator review and use

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Northern cave, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Hi everyone, I just recently bought an Ardent decarboxylator and I am marveled at what a game changer it is. A new spin on an old trick. But done more effectively. I've just started playing with it. I have decarbed some med's and I just sprinkle it in my food. It works fantastically. Can't wait to bake some cookies.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Or you can just use an oven and save 200+ dollars.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. yeah i bought a toaster oven and keep it in my shop and cook edibles in it on the regular...costed 20 bucks from walmart and i can cook the entire thing in it from decarb to finished muffins or brownies, whole pan

i just googled that thing and it is being listed at $200 bucks...not worth it IMO

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have done the oven. I've done the toaster oven. This is much more effective. This thing is claims to have %.99 of thc-a activation. I am inclined to believe it, given my recent testing on myself. I sprinkled about 1.7g on some delicious fettuccine alfredo and I didn't come down until 24 hrs later of varying highness. You don't need to use as much product. Saves $ in the long run. It's not without its drawbacks, but a really dope gadget.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I think that anything that works for you is great. It's not really necessary though. There are many methods of decarb - you don't even need an oven if you use a double-boiler and steam a sealed mason jar for two hours or so . You can get strong effects from using as little a one TENTH of a gram per serving. Using 1.7 grams would kill me. (or at least make me feel I was going to die!)

• Like Like x 3
  6. 1.7 was too much. I didn't intend to be that high for that long. I underestimated the effectiveness of the little machine. I'm thinking .5g would be perfect

7. #7 Quantary, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Just made a batch of 70 capsules from 7 g of 24% THC bud. Decarboxylated in a plain old oven at 250 for 30 min wrapped in foil inside a mason jar. (a little longer than usual to allow the air inside the jar to heat up) If 100% of THCA was converted to THC, there would b 24 mg per capsule. More likely it is probably in the realm of 20 mg.

Since I've never been able to test them in a lab, I can't say for sure. But when comparing the effects to commercially available edibles, they are potent. One is normally all I want to take. The effects are similar to taking 2-3 bong rips, or smoking half a joint, but they peak in about 1-2 hrs, and last about 4-6 total.

1/4 oz can last me anywhere from 2-3 months now. If I was smoking near daily it would probably be 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 4
  8. I'm interested in the sous vide method of decarb. To me it seems like it'd be the most controlled, and least destructive, method of decarb. I've only started to look into this but here's a link that touches on it. I don't have a sous vide device but I think I could achieve a fairly stable temp using my usual kitchen tools.

Sous Vide Decarboxylation

• Like Like x 2
  9. That sounds perfect. I just got my capsules in the mail. This weekend, I'm going to make some coconut oil canna caps. Those ratios sound ideal for me. Of course I will be decarbing in my fancy pants new machine. And I expect %99. My medicine will last forever! Woooooo!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wow that's a new one. I wonder what % conversion it could achieve? It certainly is a great way to mask the smell.

11. Wow this thing looks cool, yeah the oven is easy enough but I am always changing things to try and approve my end product. Ill probably pick one of these things up very soon. What are the downsides to this product?

12. Its definitely a convenient machine. I feel it could be of better quality. It's assembled in China. It also needs to have better instructions and FAQ. It's extremely bare bones. However, it does what it says. The oven is obsolete now. Try it and you will never look back. The times it takes to decarb varies on the how much product you put in. It says it can hold up to 14gr. I can understand why people are hesitant to spend $300. Look for promo codes

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just bought this item and after 1 single use, it is already not working, not heating anymore.

That is only an expensive shit that is not even working. You can do better with your oven.

Their customer service is awful; they couldn't care less and did not even reply.
    There was also plenty of overcharge in the shipping and I can say that I've been ripped.
    $300 in the garbage !

DON'T BUY !!!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. My junked toaster oven was found at the curb on trash day and needed two minutes of rewire to bypass the burned out spring wind timer. Works like a champ and it's decarbed pounds and pounds of weed and does all my canna cooking outside on the patio to keep the wife happy. Batch after batch after batch year after year it keeps on rocking away. Decabing, Oil Processing, It does it all from start to finish.
    Save your hard earned coin and find used toaster oven at the local thrift store for 20 bucks.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ya man I'm going to agree with others and stick with the oven method. With a little toaster oven for 50$ or so you just can't go wrong. Most of them will last for ever as far as what I use it for.

You need to take the claims of a better end product with a grain of salt. They will say and do anything to get your money.

My favorite place to find working supplies would be good will and like stores. From Pyrex cooking supplies to kitchen gadgets like a toaster oven are cheap as dirt. I got an almost new convection toaster oven type deal for 8$. When I googled the same oven it was 90$ new.

It isn't so much the equipment you use that gives the best product. It's the experience you get from refining your process over and over again.

16. Problem with edibles is that you develop a tolerance to your dose after just a couple of days. So if you don't start low(about 50mg,) you're gonna wind up needing a T-break after a week or two. I've seen people start with 100mg, up to 200mg the next week, buying something overpriced every day from the stores, and after a couple of weeks they've drained their bank accounts and need a miserable 2 week break before they can catch a buzz again.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I have also purchased a Lift from Ardent. It has to be mentioned that no matter how effective this device is at decarbing, the build quality is poor. The first unit I received didn't work out of the box. Ardent replaced it with no problem. The whole impression I get is that they scrimped on materials and basic design, like the cheap plastic cap doesn't really lock on and is about the thickness of a lid on a jar of Talenti ice cream. Cheap. Secondly, the base of the unit, where all the electronics are located, is not secured to the upper cannister and turns easily when you are trying to fasten the top cap onto the cannister. It's outside dimensions do not fit the dimensions of the cannister - there is an irregular variation along the edge that makes it seem like there is something misaligned.
    Thirdly, I have now processed three batches of 14gm each, and the total cycle time (from turning it on until the control light turns green again) were: 1. 110 min. 2. 132 min. 3. 104 min. These issues indicate to me that Ardent has a ways to go with this device in fixing and upgrading it to make it actually worth $200. As of now, while I appreciate the improved decarb for my bud, I can't recommend it as a good value. The build quality would suggest something more in the range of $50.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I totally agree with you on all of these points Beelercroon. I bought my Lift a few months ago. The cap never seems to click on correctly (which probably speaks for the reek) and the exact same weight of the exact same bud had 30-45 minute fluctuations between evenly spaced out batches.
    All that said, I do enjoy the quality of the decarb.
    The parent company of Ardent, Sail Cannabis, has been sending me invites for free live webinars on different medical mj topics. I tried to watch one a few weeks ago but there were technical issues with the hosting site and I dropped off. There’s one on bioavailability I want to check out think March 26, 2018 if anyone is intetested.

19. I meant to quote you on my last message Beelercroon.

20. #20 neslex, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    I've read some mixed things about this unit but decided to give it a go. Yes it's expensive, but i don't like frequently checking my oven (which seems to be getting more and more inconsistent); in addition i don't want to wait till the oven is free / don't want to annoy my housemates with the smell. I will report back here once I receive it.