Arcade Fire

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Noxnoctum, May 3, 2013.

1. I was way late into getting into this band, I'd heard friends talking about them and actually one of them invited me to go to their show with them but I had no idea who they were and usually don't like to go to blind shows so I declined... my loss :p.

I partly put it off because I wasn't that it into one of their more well known songs, Wake Up (I think it's ok but I think stuff like Haiti for instance on that album blows it ot of the water).

I haven't gotten into neon bible as much as their other two albums, though that could change since I've noticed their stuff grows on me a lot.

Great band!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Euj9f3gdyM]Arcade Fire - The Suburbs - YouTube[/ame]

2. First heard them in 04. Followed them ever since :)

Strangely, I also was never a massive fan Wake Up, but, hey, Neon Bible contains my fondest memories of listening to Arcade Fire, despite the fact The Suburbs proved they just get better with every release.

The prospect of their next album being made with James Murphy is also rather mouth watering...

3. i saw em live right after where the wild things are came out and when they played the song from the movie everyone went nuts. awesome show.

4. Amazing to watch live. I haven't really given them a listen recently, thanks for the reminder.